Game Development: Creel Quern

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Creel Quern

Postby Nightdawg » Sun May 24, 2020 11:18 pm

loftar wrote:
Nightdawg wrote:I could.

So how 'bout that information I asked for?

Distance seems irrelevant, here's a video of drying frames that are closer than the first video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSTHkwVDxaA
Here's a video of cupboards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh5BEj-Tx8I

They're not built at some weird angle, in the first video drying racks are built facing east, and in the second racks are facing north and south.
I can't really tell how the interior of the house works, cause I enter it from the south, then I face west when inside, but in the cupboards video the bug seems to appear more often when sliding from right to left.

I assumed if I could randomly reproduce it like this you could too, without needing pixel-specific details. Maybe the distance at which you placed them differs from the 2 examples I have shown.
First video racks were placed using :placegrid 16, with 1 extra step between them, second video racks were placed using :placegrid 32, with no extra space inbetween.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Nightdawg » Sun May 24, 2020 11:25 pm

I must also add that it feels like collision boxes are not actual squares. While sliding around them in one direction it looked like I was being pushed out, like this, only one way:

if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Mon May 25, 2020 7:55 am

okay, I definitely should include mouse pointer into the video for clarification, so here it is (I've made it in custom client with top-down camera and displayed hitboxes, but the problem stays the same with vanilla):
(also, I should notice that they were placed with placegrid 11 (like all other stuff on our base) so there can't be any issues with gaps between, but the situation won't change with cupboards default layout as well)
Also, please keep in mind, that all of these problematic structures were build BEFORE the last patch, so that's not "we were placing them wrong, but that's YOU broke them".
Also, while with cupboards we can slide through each next one, it is impossible to do with drying racks, because the character just opens the next one, and can't reach the other next one.
And again - it all worked pretty well (for eternal alpha) before the last patch. And it goes pretty bad now.
The problem is not about just sliding - getting stuck on trees in the woods also becomes much often - it's just ppl not reporting about it because everybody gets used to suffering.
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby Uriel » Mon May 25, 2020 11:22 pm

Enjoyment_2 wrote:okay, I definitely should include mouse pointer into the video for clarification, so here it is (I've made it in custom client with top-down camera and displayed hitboxes, but the problem stays the same with vanilla):
(also, I should notice that they were placed with placegrid 11 (like all other stuff on our base) so there can't be any issues with gaps between, but the situation won't change with cupboards default layout as well)
Also, please keep in mind, that all of these problematic structures were build BEFORE the last patch, so that's not "we were placing them wrong, but that's YOU broke them".
Also, while with cupboards we can slide through each next one, it is impossible to do with drying racks, because the character just opens the next one, and can't reach the other next one.
And again - it all worked pretty well (for eternal alpha) before the last patch. And it goes pretty bad now.
The problem is not about just sliding - getting stuck on trees in the woods also becomes much often - it's just ppl not reporting about it because everybody gets used to suffering.

I can confirm every word.
Uriel

Postby DPblH » Tue May 26, 2020 3:35 pm

One of my villager noticed this with garden pots too.
Give a man a game engine and he delivers a game. Teach a man how to make a game engine and he never delivers anything.
DPblH

Postby shubla » Tue May 26, 2020 4:44 pm

But hasn't this always been the case when clicking like that?
I feel like it has been like that since the beginning of sliding.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Ocerion » Tue May 26, 2020 7:31 pm

It has always been this way to an extent but it suddenly got a LOT worse recently.
Ocerion

Postby Necrisha » Wed May 27, 2020 4:24 am

Artemiswhb wrote:
DeadlyPencil wrote:Are you guys ever gonna fix the audio? i was hoping the new client would finally fix the issue. NOPE. skips just like the old client.

:audiobuf 8192
http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=39939&start=40#p598394

Check your ping- High ping rate means you'll need to adjust your audio buffering to help match up with the servers responses. The game doesn't do it automatically so you have to do it manually.
Necrisha

Postby Uriel » Wed May 27, 2020 10:27 pm

There was suppose to be patch today ;(
Uriel

Postby CSPAN » Thu May 28, 2020 12:31 am

jorb wrote:Didn't quite get enough material to patch tonight. Will aim for Wednesday. Sorry about that!

How is the content coming my man?
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements