Game Development: Render Dock

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Render Dock

Postby jordancoles » Thu May 28, 2020 6:51 pm

abt79 wrote:
loftar wrote:The login-screen avatar rendering was more complicated than you might expect.

ah so maybe that's why it crashes the default client every time I hit Login

quite literally unplayable

Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby loftar » Thu May 28, 2020 6:53 pm

abt79 wrote:ah so maybe that's why it crashes the default client every time I hit Login

quite literally unplayable

Already heard that and I find it weird since it almost seems to imply that you have characters without saved avatars, which shouldn't happen, but either way it should be fixed now.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby wonder-ass » Thu May 28, 2020 6:54 pm

what happened to patrick 1/2
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby ricky » Thu May 28, 2020 6:54 pm

Re:lockpicking

If the intent is to let thieves to loot unattended ships, allow only the contents to be stolen, not the whole ship.

If your intent is to allow the whole ship to be stolen, the lockpick should take 2+ days. Let's say you have to lockpick it 4 times with a 12hr cool down between attempts. If the owner uses the boat in any way, the counter resets to 0.

Docked ships shouldn't be pickable at all.
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby shubla » Thu May 28, 2020 6:58 pm

jorb wrote:[*] Docks can now only be destroyed using Siege Equipment.
[*] Ships can now "Dock" by a dock. Snekkjas can not be bashed while docked.
[*] Knarrs still always require Siege Equipment to be destroyed, but we are considering giving them the same rules as Snekkjas.

Now I can sleep my nights in peace!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Zentetsuken » Thu May 28, 2020 7:06 pm

since the available space around docks is now very meaningful and docked ships are now practically untouchable does this mean that docking your ship at a noob's dock is now a pretty significant grief?

Should docks themselves be lockable and somehow prevent other people from being able to dock at them or set them as their home dock?
Zentetsuken

Postby loftar » Thu May 28, 2020 7:08 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:Should docks themselves be lockable and somehow prevent other people from being able to dock at them or set them as their home dock?

I think I best liked the idea of a dock owner being able to "evict" ships docked to it. It seems nice to be able to dock wherever and only depend on the dock owner being amicable to your visit.
loftar

Postby Zentetsuken » Thu May 28, 2020 7:10 pm

loftar wrote:
Zentetsuken wrote:Should docks themselves be lockable and somehow prevent other people from being able to dock at them or set them as their home dock?

I think I best liked the idea of a dock owner being able to "evict" ships docked to it. It seems nice to be able to dock wherever and only depend on the dock owner being amicable to your visit.

Dock owner is determined by a certain level of privilege on the claim or what does this mean?
Zentetsuken

Postby loftar » Thu May 28, 2020 7:11 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:Dock owner is determined by a certain level of privilege on the claim or what does this mean?

An open question, admittedly.
loftar

Postby rye130 » Thu May 28, 2020 7:12 pm

loftar wrote:

You should also let people evict members from their ship. Putting an alt in someones snekkja/knarr prevents them from being able to port to their dock, forcing them to kill the character somehow to get it out.
rye130

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements