Game Development: Render Dock

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Render Dock

Postby jordancoles » Fri May 29, 2020 8:47 pm

Lizard_Paszczyk wrote:In my opinion new client requires new SCALABLE UI.

Please stop. By the time this is done monitors will be even larger and the process will start over again :roll:
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby MagicManICT » Fri May 29, 2020 10:05 pm

jordancoles wrote:
Lizard_Paszczyk wrote:In my opinion new client requires new SCALABLE UI.

Please stop. By the time this is done monitors will be even larger and the process will start over again :roll:

8K is already available*. The new PS 5 will support up to 8K displays out of the box.

Still, this is the point of a scalable UI--the current and coming technologies can easily be adapted to rather than the code needing to support multiple resolutions directly, which is prone to mistakes and bugs. (Can think of a few old PC games that didn't ship with all graphics modes supported because they couldn't get the assets finalized or dig out a bug before the code needed to be compiled and written to disk to pack in boxes and ship to stores.)

*as much as I hate to post it, and not sure if any others are available, but the first link I found was a Dell. Samsung and a few others have had 8k displays (50"... 1.3m? +) for several months now.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby SnowWiggles » Sat May 30, 2020 3:45 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:pls consider only allowing docks to be built on a vclaim, and giving the claim owners the ability disconnect ships from their dock/control which ships can teleport there.

Tar is a very cheap resource, and the ability to make difficult to destroy teleport points anywhere you want very quickly and cheaply seems kinda significant, especially since it was something people were doing even prior to this buff. Anyway, I'm off to dock 2 sneks to the dock of every person I don't like

Cheap.

I am fascinated how you even are able to hold what I would consider to be an 'intelligent' conversation when it's quite clear that you farm haven so hard that it is inconceivable to believe that you had any education in your upbringing. Where did you manage to carve out the time in your gaming life?
SnowWiggles

Postby SnowWiggles » Sat May 30, 2020 3:46 pm

IMO, travelling back via knarr dock could be offset by q of dock?
SnowWiggles

Postby Uriel » Sat May 30, 2020 5:28 pm

SnowWiggles wrote:IMO, travelling back via knarr dock could be offset by q of dock?

Burn in hell.
Uriel

Postby CryCryBaby » Sat May 30, 2020 11:19 pm

loftar wrote:
roboboy33 wrote:If you do this please give us a warning so we have time to relock the boats with better locks

Consider yourself warned.

You force me to block the river.
CryCryBaby

Postby iamahh » Sun May 31, 2020 7:30 pm

jorb wrote:[*] Fixed a problem with aggroing your own horse when shooting

thanks for this nice thing, hunting with bow is fun and rewarding in this world
iamahh

Postby shubla » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:54 pm

Make snekkjas and knarrs that have not been captained in the last 1 hour or so, lockpickable via "normal" lockpicking mechanics.

Remove hitbox from dock and ships in docks, if you cannot come up with a better solution (yet)

Problems solved.

Whatever you do, don't do anything stupid.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:08 pm

abt79 wrote:good patch, kinda mad there's no new summer mushroom/bird tho

Do love having more birds and shrooms about.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:09 pm

wlkk011 wrote:
SovietUnion wrote:How about finally making a port that acts like a charterstone, and a smaller version which acts as a home dock/portico/hearth fire

Big port: expensive, but boats can fast travel to any such dock. Same rule as for charter stone apply

Small port: Works as the current port, but less expensive in terms of materials

But you cannot hide the dock behind a wall. Anyone will be able to travell to your front door.

What we really need to make this feature complete is the ability to lock the dock like a charter stone, and to evict those 'docked' to it.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements