Game Development: Smoked Help

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Game Development: Smoked Help

Postby jorb » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:23 am

We've been developing, and here's what's new.

New Implementations
-----------------------
  • Added a first entry "00. General Interaction" to an ingame Documentation/Manual/Help system. Feel free to suggest additional entries/stuff that needs to go into the Manual.
  • Added Smoked Sausages. All Sausage types can now be smoked in the Smoke Shed, yielding significant improvements to their food values.
  • Added "Rose Gold Clasps", gilding.

Key Fixes
-----------------------
  • Winter has been shortened to 5 RL days, and the 5 days lost have been given instead to Summer. Summer is now 35 RL days, Spring & Fall are 10 RL days each, and Winter, finally, is 5 RL days. We are naturally loathe to admit it, but in its present state Winter removes too much content from the game to be enjoyable for 10 days out of every 60. Hopefully it can be more of a fun change of pace at 5 days out of 60. We will keep adding to it.
  • If a Realm has less Authority than 2x the Realm's fixed Authority drain per ingame day, memebers of the Realm will be unable to voluntarily spend Authority. This to avoid certain less than optimal gameplay incentives. We could consider adding more precise controls to how Authority can be spent, such as a setting per group in the extreme case, if that would be appreciated. Would it be?

Small Fixes
-----------------------
  • Fixed a small bug by which stolen objects could be deleted if carried off-claim without triggering a theft crime (using houses, mine-holes, &c).

As always, if you liked what we did here: Support the patch.

Today's Patch Items, for the fair price of $9 is the "Lightning Bowler"

Store Description wrote:Image$9 Thunderbolts and Lightning, very-very frightening, indeed! Light up any party in this shocking Bowler!

All Gold & Silver subscribers have been awarded the "Lightning Bowler". free of charge.

In the Pipe
-----------------------
  • Summer, brief illness, and working on a bigger thing(tm) have conspired against our patch frequency in June. July may also be imperfect, but hopefully better. We are still working mostly as usual.
  • Loftar is still ironing out the last(?) bugs from the new client.
  • Time to... like us on Facebook?

UPDATE YOUR CLIENTS... if you do not want to crash when opening "Help!" topics.

Enjoy!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: Game Development: Smoked Help

Postby drakesaint » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:25 am

THEY LISTENED!
drakesaint

Postby Lalaxx » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:25 am

why winter 5rl days but not spring wtf
winter is fucking awesome
Lalaxx

Postby satinembers » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:28 am

I have mixed feelings about shortened winters. I like sled hunting, but for the first couple of days there isn't enough snow and ice to make it worthwhile. Now we'll have less time, unless the pace of snow accumulation can be increased.

Otherwise, nice update.
satinembers

Postby Nightdawg » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:28 am

Perhaps speeding up the rate at which snow covers the map and melts would fit this change?
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby jorb » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:29 am

satinembers wrote:I have mixed feelings about shortened winters. I like sled hunting, but for the first couple of days there isn't enough snow and ice to make it worthwhile. Now we'll have less time, unless the pace of snow accumulation can be increased.

Otherwise, nice update.

Thanks! Will consider covering over with snow faster.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby DDDsDD999 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:29 am

Wow, looking at them now, I never realized how non-nonsensical the default client keybinds are. Why not just use the keybinds every custom client uses? Shift = transfer, ctrl = drop, alt = select all of the same

The worst section of winter is when the snow is all patchy and you can't use sleds or snekks. Are those periods shorter too?
DDDsDD999

Postby MrBunzy » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:30 am

But I like winter tho, the real culprit is spring! The whole transitional stage of ugly af snow splotches and unusable rivers makes me not want to log on, and waiting for tree seeds to grow back is my last favorite thing about seasons.
(once and futue king btw)
MrBunzy

Postby smileyguy4you » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:31 am

jorb wrote:
satinembers wrote:I have mixed feelings about shortened winters. I like sled hunting, but for the first couple of days there isn't enough snow and ice to make it worthwhile. Now we'll have less time, unless the pace of snow accumulation can be increased.

Otherwise, nice update.

Thanks! Will consider covering over with snow faster.

+1 all freezing accelerated please :)
smileyguy4you

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:32 am

make spring 5 days and keep winter how it was
Zentetsuken

Next

Return to Announcements