Game Development: Smoked Help

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Smoked Help

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:36 am

Winter has been shortened to 5 RL days, and the 5 days lost have been given instead to Summer. Summer is now 35 RL days, Spring & Fall are 10 RL days each, and Winter, finally, is 5 RL days. We are naturally loathe to admit it, but in its present state Winter removes too much content from the game to be enjoyable for 10 days out of every 60. Hopefully it can be more of a fun change of pace at 5 days out of 60. We will keep adding to it.

I hate this. I hate this a lot. Winter was a favorite season of mine, I was already disappointed that it only lasts 10 days instead of a full 30, like all seasons should. My hunter, in particular, dislikes this change due to Ermine being a winter beast, and the reduced ability to hunt reindeer.

Do not approve, but meh.
Last edited by Lunarius_Haberdash on Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Apocoreo » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:37 am

jorb wrote:
satinembers wrote:I have mixed feelings about shortened winters. I like sled hunting, but for the first couple of days there isn't enough snow and ice to make it worthwhile. Now we'll have less time, unless the pace of snow accumulation can be increased.

Otherwise, nice update.

Thanks! Will consider covering over with snow faster.

I suggest a more realistic snow patterns by making them come it waves. Like when you shovel your driveway and it stays that was for a day before you wake up to A BILLION POUND OF WHITE BULLSHIT RUINING MY DAY
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby Audiosmurf » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:50 am

Just make it so the snow starts, gradually, 5 or so days before the end of fall. ¦]
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby boshaw » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:53 am

Lalaxx wrote:why winter 5rl days but not spring wtf
winter is fucking awesome

Same thought.
boshaw

Postby stickman » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:54 am

did you change anything with angler spawns recently without documenting it? it seems like since the 22nd that they dont spawn in certain areas anymore... Like there is an enourmous river i check with a boat. usually u can find 10-15 per day in it. now ive found 0 for five days straight. They do still spawn though because ive found othre anglers... but im wondering if you changed it so animals dont spawn near HF's or somehting like that.
stickman

Postby Kirche » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:56 am

also agree that it should've been spring instead of winter that got reduced in duration, also this

Kirche

Postby jordancoles » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:57 am

Zentetsuken wrote:make spring 5 days and keep winter how it was

This but make snow fall quicker
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:21 am

Why does it feel like everyone who loves winter sat quietly while everyone else bitched, and are now coming out of the woodwork?

jorb wrote:New Implementations
-----------------------
  • Added a first entry "00. General Interaction" to an ingame Documentation/Manual/Help system. Feel free to suggest additional entries/stuff that needs to go into the Manual.

Also -> In addition to this help manual, can we maybe get rid of the 'eat till healing' quest in early game?
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Kirche » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:37 am

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:Why does it feel like everyone who loves winter sat quietly while everyone else bitched, and are now coming out of the woodwork?

people who are content with something tend to be less vocal about it than the people who dislike something, winter is not perfect but it's certainly better than spring.

I personally love the break from farming and the reduced amount that my animals eat, stoat hunting, kicksledding, etc.

On the other hand, there's nothing that comes from spring that I care about.
Kirche

Postby wlkk011 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:54 am

stickman wrote:did you change anything with angler spawns recently without documenting it? it seems like since the 22nd that they dont spawn in certain areas anymore... Like there is an enourmous river i check with a boat. usually u can find 10-15 per day in it. now ive found 0 for five days straight. They do still spawn though because ive found othre anglers... but im wondering if you changed it so animals dont spawn near HF's or somehting like that.

agree, i didn't find any angler in my underground river for couple days...

btw, why shorten winter? why not add more fun into winter, like plants only can plant in winter...animals only spawn in winter....different clothes to keep warm.....
wlkk011

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements