Game Development: Smoked Help

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Smoked Help

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:18 am

wlkk011 wrote:btw, why shorten winter? why not add more fun into winter, like plants only can plant in winter...animals only spawn in winter....different clothes to keep warm.....

Such additions require careful consideration lest they come across half-cocked. Some would say that's par for the course for this dev team (I don't). But it makes sense to reduce the winter until more content is created for it.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Kyline » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:57 am

I actually really like winter, its a break and i enjoy kicksleding around and exploring. Did you speed up the snowfall so we can maximize the amount of time kicksleding? Right now if you plant a tree at the end of winter it can be 25 RL days until you get seeds? (with this change 20 days)
Kyline

Postby irongete » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:39 am

Please do something like this, transitioning throughout 30 days.

It opens a lot of posibilities about hunting, credo questing, etc.

irongete

Postby Bearcub » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:42 am

Actually 10 days for winter is great. It's not only for hunting but travelling especially for those poor souls trying to reach some market or other distant places with the sled by the frozen rivers. It is a good time for moving somewhere else also
Bearcub

Postby Fille » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:50 am

I was vocal about winter being tough when my character was fresh, and I was vocal about liking it and encouraged people to make kicksleds when I learned how fun it was.

It's sad to see it cut down in length, I'm a farmer and enjoy the break, preparing for winter changed the dynamic of the game in an interesting way, but I know Jorb and Loftar will lengthen it later on when they are happy with the winter content.

That being said, if trees that reach maturity in spring were to get seeds, I'd think a lot of people denouncing it would settle down.
Gay mer
Fille

Postby Apocoreo » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:58 am

So why do people hate spring? Is it just the lack of seeds and hungry animals?

Hungry animals wouldn't be as much of a problem without cropless winter, and those who want a break from farming, couldn't you take a break whenever?
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby Darruin » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:04 am

Can you change winter back to 10 days? A lot of loudmouths complained about it but I liked it a lot due to the sleds, really comfy time. My only complaint was snow took too long to spawn and you can't sled properly until it's mostly spawned in.
Darruin

Postby Dayd » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:28 am

I assume it's an Amber thing, but my game crashed when I tried to access the new help file.

[Edit] And I'm not seeing it as an option on the default client...

[Edit x2] Apparently it just took a minute to load that button. It's there now and works on the default client.

[Edit x3] Just read whole post and noted where it said to update client or it would crash when opening the help file.
Last edited by Dayd on Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dayd

Postby wonder-ass » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:31 am

winter change was good. add some interesting new gimmicks to it before giving it 10 days again.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Roxaereon » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:42 am

The Springtime should've been reduced. It's worse than Winter. Winter is still fun to get around and hunting. Also time for focusing on other things.
World 10 - Villager - STK
World 11 - Lawspeaker - Krysaro
World 12 - Lawspeaker - Neimrahava
Roxaereon

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements