Game Development: Smoked Help

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Smoked Help

Postby shubla » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:09 pm

when will we get smoked cheesenyoroon
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Agrik » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:44 am

jorb wrote:Winter has been shortened to 5 RL days
Are you sure seasons length is set in RL days, not ingame days?

Is there any hope winter will be lengthened back to 30 game days when enough winter content is ready? To 1/4th of the year?

irongete wrote:Please do something like this, transitioning throughout 30 days.
It opens a lot of posibilities about hunting, credo questing, etc.
Looks totally cool.
Agrik

Postby lordgrunt » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:09 am

is it inteded behaviour that peppered or truffled status is stripped from sausage after smoking?
lordgrunt

Postby Hadehariast » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:12 pm

Further experimentation, this time involving variable ingredients (Butcher's Surprise)

Q10 Maple Blocks, Q37 Smoker

Results Compared to Base Sausage:

Beaver Dog - Increased Constitution+2 dramatically. Increased Will and Charisma FEPs. 9.68 FEPs/Hunger @ Q30.9
Piglet Wursts - Replaced Constitution with Dexterity FEPs. Increased Strength FEPs. 5.28 FEPs/Hunger @ Q32.6
Running Rabbit - Increased Agility and Intelligence FEPs. 6.91 FEPs/Hunger @ Q30.2
Lamb Sausages - Replaced Strength with Constitution FEPs. Increased Perception+1 FEPs dramatically. 5.86 FEPs/Hunger @ Q30.2
Fox Wurst - Added Charisma+1 FEPs. Increased Perception and Intelligence FEPs. 4.04 FEPs/Hunger @ Q32.2
Fox Fuet - Replaced Constitution with Will FEPs. Increased Strength+1 FEPs dramatically. 5.77 FEPs/Hunger @ Q30.2
Lynxalami - Replaced Constitution with Strength FEPs. Added Charisma FEPs. 10.35 FEPs/Hunger @ Q30.9

Smoked Butcher's Surprise Results Compared to Un-Smoked:

Boar - Replaced Strength with Constitution+1 FEPs.
Venison - Removed Agility FEPs. Dramatically increased Perception+1 FEPs.
Wild Beef - Replaced Strength with Constitution+1 FEPs.
Bat - Added Intelligence+1 FEPs.
Swan - Replaced Perception+2 with Intelligence+1 FEPs.
Wild Mutton - Appears to have redistributed some Dexterity+1 FEPs into Perception+1. Increased Charisma+1 FEPs.
Reindeer Venison - Added Dexterity+2 FEPs. Appears to have redistributed some Perception+1 FEPs into Dexterity+1.
Lynx - Replaced Intelligence with Strength+1 FEPs.

Summary: The use of variable ingredients changes the outcome of the smoking, depending on the meat used (at least in Butcher's Surprises).
Hadehariast

Postby drakesaint » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:39 pm

shubla wrote:when will we get smoked cheesenyoroon

I'd rather see grated cheese first as a spice.
drakesaint

Postby Gloosx_inn » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:36 pm

irongete wrote:Please do something like this, transitioning throughout 30 days.

It opens a lot of posibilities about hunting, credo questing, etc.

this is golden
Small sturdy creature fond of drink and industry
Gloosx_inn

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:06 am

Gloosx_inn wrote:Image

I really want to like this, but I don't. It makes seasons of scarcity "not a thing", since there will always be somewhere you can get something that is out of season. This is not interesting content. There need to be seasons where things cannot be obtained anywhere in the world, there needs to be a reason to stockpile, there needs to be good times and bad times for hunting different animals. For all that this is a neat concept, it utterly guts the point of seasons.

Thumbs down.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Stoneface » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:56 am

I am all for seasons, but the rolling 4 seasons at once seems to not reward those who prepare for the coming seasons. As it was a staple of life to prepare for winter and other natural events, I feel like the 4 seasons at once would just make it seem silly and pointless. -1 to the 4 seasons at once.
Stoneface

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:46 am

A Tale in the Desert had a part of their content that is based around a shifting pattern like this when I played it years ago. I forget exactly what it was off the top of my head (suppose I could look it up on the wiki), but I recall it being a thing that was needed for tests, and was a huge pain in the ass because you'd have to chase into deep desert for it. If I remember "the thing" correctly, it was useful as it did encourage a player to go to areas they normally wouldn't go, and thus interact with things that were needed for other tests (or search the area for construction materials).

Also, just an FYI, not the first time that had been posted.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby irongete » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:03 am

Stoneface wrote:I am all for seasons, but the rolling 4 seasons at once seems to not reward those who prepare for the coming seasons. As it was a staple of life to prepare for winter and other natural events, I feel like the 4 seasons at once would just make it seem silly and pointless. -1 to the 4 seasons at once.

You still need to prepare for seasons because in your area will be Winter for X days. You need to have stock or trade with other people that have for example Summer on his area.

I just told the idea because it looks very cool and more realistic, maybe it can be only two seasons at the same time or other variants.
irongete

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements