Game Development: Pink Angler

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Pink Angler

Postby not_a_cat » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:30 am

Seems like pink and beige colors were not added to http://www.havenandhearth.com/portal/upload palette yet
not_a_cat

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:40 am

Kyline wrote:
Enjoyment_2 wrote: making so lye needs 12 ingame hours to boil (0.45 max) - is a good way to keep high-q glass for botters only.

Okay this is my biggest problem with the patch so far. It takes nearly 4 hours rl time to make the lye for 22.5 pieces of glass... yes you can be doing other stuff while you wait but you need to go back to that cauldron at least once to refill it maybe twice. That's a long time for such a small return. Frankly it sucks. Hugely. Please respect your player bases time and make the boiling to be at least the time it takes to boil off 20L water or less.

What's the boiling time on deer antlers? 2 hr real time IIRC. I know I have to refill a cauldron at least once.

Botting? No, not necessary unless you want to mass produce. An alt logged in at base (or someone already there farming, hanging out, cet) that can check a few cauldrons every half hour or so is all that's needed. I get the "shouldn't need more than one account logged in at once" argument, but Haven has been this way since I started playing it.

@jorb: does the process reset if it goes dry? I want to say "no" given other boiled items, but assumptions on this kind of stuff are the start of the "I quit" phase of players.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Kyline » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:41 am

no going dry doesn't stop progress thank god.

I guess i am bitter, without knowing about the patch, i decided today was the day to remake my stained glass hearts and shiny marbles for the month. 6 hours later and i have 2 shiny marbles, and a lot more knowledge about whats involved in those trinkets now thanks to this change.
Kyline

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:44 am

Kyline wrote:no going dry doesn't stop progress thank god.

Then I'll do it just like I do with hartshorn: light a cauldron up and let it run out. Water and fuel are relatively cheap. Extra cauldrons to make quality materials, on the other hand...
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Noid » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:29 am

jordancoles wrote:The sad thing is that because cloaks take up the head and the cape slot they are always destined to be bad. Aside from some sort of movement speed buff I can't really think of any bonuses that would make giving up a gear slot worth it.

If all cloaks allowed us to put down the hood like the druid's cloak, then I think they would be a nice thing

This. Would be great.
Noid

Postby Fostik » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:14 pm

NeoBasilisk wrote:I'm probably not aware of some other mechanic, but what is the reason for this distinction?

Probably to prevent deadlocks in villages, when someone docked and got lost, and your only way is destroy both dock and snek, or griefing others by docking on their docks, so you need to destroy everything again.

Enjoyment_2 wrote:of course, the eye symbol matching the eye-fish is way more important than the existence of any perc-affinated gilds

Kek'd
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Hauk » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:03 pm

Enjoyment_2 wrote:Also, making so lye needs 12 ingame hours to boil (0.45 max) - is a good way to keep high-q glass for botters only.
Good patch, indeed.

Someone's never made steel before or had to make all his own hartshorn salve LOL
Hauk

Postby Nizuto » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:21 pm

I think special capes like bear, wolf, angler, should double the gilding bonuses. Maybe implement the same feature as the Druid Cloak to remove the hood but making it give you half or a quarter of its default attributes so one slot capes don't get left out. Gilding bonuses in that mode should give the default values.

Considering helmets with armor values exist it's not like it would be a game breaking thing for combat.
Personally I've only been using bat, heraldic and straw capes for my equipment sets. Sometimes swan when I have a good enough stock of high quality feathers. That's because there's nothing else that's better than those 3 in terms of accessibility, usefulness and long term quality raising. The rest just aren't worth it aside from fashion. But since heraldic can be painted it also wins in that regard.
Nizuto

Postby mvgulik » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:58 pm

not_a_cat wrote:Seems like pink and beige colors were not added to http://www.havenandhearth.com/portal/upload palette yet

Do you mean there missing from the text of that page (ie: the displayed supported color codes). Which is probably incorrect, as Jorb seems to have a tendency to change his mind on what to call a particular color ... which makes things very confusing for others.
And 2, no new colors where added with this patch. Dev's would have advertised that fact more clearly ... (probably).

Or do you mean that some of those specified/displayed colors are actually not working/used when uploading an image.
mvgulik

Postby not_a_cat » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:38 pm

jorb wrote:
  • Added four new pigments: Brown, Gray, Teal, and Lime.

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=68867
4 new colors added to uploader

jorb wrote:
  • Added "Pink" and "Beige" pigments. Cleaned up the "Pigments & Imagery" submenu of the Action Menu.

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=68961
and no new colors added

that feels quite inconsistent
not_a_cat

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements