Game Development: Alchemical Adventures

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Alchemical Adventures

Postby Garlicman » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:03 am

Maybe in the future we'll be able to create phosphorus from a certain natural ingredient?
Garlicman

Postby Zentetsuken » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:27 am

it's just a shame that no new characters or hermits will ever get to experience this great new content since it's gated behind the need for a dozen or so bots .... the only way to make lye

:cry:
Zentetsuken

Postby Fostik » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:16 am

Well, idea of alchemy is good itself, but realization seems very weak.

Too random, 90% of everything is just poisonous, 9% of what poisonous and gives buff for 7 minutes (what?), probably there are 1% of something non poisonous?
Probably, only recipes with brimstone or lye will give something good with bigger chance, but at the moment I'm still receiving only poisoning.
No any mechanic to repeat elixir or even display what is it made with, no any way to remember anything as ingredient, no way to test effects, pure random with millions of combinations.
I'm frustrated for this update.

At least, there should be a craftable recipe that will allow you test herb/alchemical ingredient to discover it's effects
Last edited by Fostik on Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Kuddie » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:25 am

Cool addition to the game!
Kuddie

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:27 am

Zentetsuken wrote:it's just a shame that no new characters or hermits will ever get to experience this great new content since it's gated behind the need for a dozen or so bots .... the only way to make lye

:cry:

your mental disorder getting worse, please contact your doctor...
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby vatas » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:55 pm

Fostik wrote:Well, idea of alchemy is good itself, but realization seems very weak.

Too random, 90% of everything is just poisonous, 9% of what poisonous and gives buff for 7 minutes (what?), probably there are 1% of something non poisonous?
Probably, only recipes with brimstone or lye will give something good with bigger chance, but at the moment I'm still receiving only poisoning.
No any mechanic to repeat elixir or even display what is it made with, no any way to remember anything as ingredient, no way to test effects, pure random with millions of combinations.
I'm frustrated for this update.

At least, there should be a craftable recipe that will allow you test herb/alchemical ingredient to discover it's effects

Elixir not immediately showing how it's made would mean alchemical knowledge could be valuable. You could sell elixirs without buyer being able to simply copy the recipe and make their own.

Some way to track ingredients when you're making elixirs yourself is needed though.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby shubla » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:37 pm

I hope devs don't just abandon the mechanic like they often do ,but instead do some work on it to refine it to something proper.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby xzo » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:11 pm

seems super cool !
My mother told me Someday I would buy
Galley with good oars Sail to distant shores
Stand up high in the prow Noble barque I steer
Steady course for the haven Hew many foe-men,
hew many foe-men
xzo

Postby Ozzy123 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:27 pm

If those potions aren't gonna give +%stats instead of +30 flat then noone is gonna use them xd
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby iamahh » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:59 pm

maybe titans have no use for them but as a casual I'm gonna use them for traveling, smithing, psyche crafting

with a 2nd level combo I got around 60 stat bump, probably can go further with more processing
iamahh

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements