Game Development: Through a Glass Darkly

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Through a Glass Darkly

Postby rye130 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:23 pm

Noid wrote:I'm not sure what this game needs is a new type of house but it would definitely be nice to add more content for the end game.
More dungeons? More random shit that can't be predicted, botted and camped by the same group of players? Time to fix winter?

The devs are busy making the game more of a pain in the ass to play. They don't have time for silly things like content or fun!
rye130

Postby shubla » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:24 pm

Now, after glass, the next step would be making charcoal/tar way more realistic. For example, drying the wood for 1 in game year before even being able to use it etc. Look it up the process of tar making is complicated.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby jordancoles » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:19 am

rye130 wrote:
Noid wrote:I'm not sure what this game needs is a new type of house but it would definitely be nice to add more content for the end game.
More dungeons? More random shit that can't be predicted, botted and camped by the same group of players? Time to fix winter?

The devs are busy making the game more of a pain in the ass to play. They don't have time for silly things like content or fun!

Can my character just trip on a crack every few hundred steps with a chance at a broken leg or toe? I feel like I need some more downtime from all of the seasonal fun and glassblowing I've been doing
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby AtoB » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:00 am

shubla wrote:Now, after glass, the next step would be making charcoal/tar way more realistic. For example, drying the wood for 1 in game year before even being able to use it etc. Look it up the process of tar making is complicated.

Nah, they should just make glass a prerequisite for metal... creating a Catch 22.
AtoB

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:46 pm

may I ask what was the idea to make Glass Pane Frame capacity of 5liters of quicksilver? who the hell would be okay with making 500 units of glass panes on a single station? that's 125 iterations of glassmaking... 1 2 5 same action 1 by 1, every hour, just to not waste your quicksilver.
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby smartglasspro » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:03 am

xleviatanx wrote:
Xeldrin wrote:Neat update!
But my cape and cap got a bit messed up it seems :(

Had the same issue with my cape. its hard as... its hard XD

Then how you fix that? Please guide me. Thanks
smartglasspro

Previous

Return to Announcements