Game Development: Beehive Fields Forever

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Beehive Fields Forever

Postby iamahh » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:39 am

shubla wrote:yes!
the client can finally render more beehives than the game has players!

Despacito is the most popular music video on youtube, popularity is bad mmkay
Last edited by iamahh on Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
iamahh

Postby Noid » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:44 am

shubla wrote:yes!
the client can finally render more beehives than the game has players!

Literally took the words out of my mouth.
Noid

Postby loftar » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:57 am

jordancoles wrote:Edit: seems to be about the same, if not a little bit worse with JDK 11. Disabling the animations on the animals and the visitor gate flags helped a decent amount, but it is ugly for videos and whatnot

You make me unsure what your context is. "Disabling animations" makes it sound like this is a custom client, and as far as I'm aware, there aren't yet any custom clients that use the new rendering system, so I'm wondering what you're using to measure the performance.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Wunsz » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:17 am

does anyone have the same problem that after this update the day kind of rewound? i mean groundhog day literally - everything i did yesterday including the silkfarming i did and the buildings i made is gone and my inventory was packed the same as yesterday morning. i'm using the ardennes, but i also tried amber just to see what will happen but according to the game yesterday didnt happen at all...
Wunsz

Postby TheRussianB » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:35 am

Wunsz wrote:does anyone have the same problem that after this update the day kind of rewound? i mean groundhog day literally - everything i did yesterday including the silkfarming i did and the buildings i made is gone and my inventory was packed the same as yesterday morning. i'm using the ardennes, but i also tried amber just to see what will happen but according to the game yesterday didnt happen at all...
Here's what happened: http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=40227&start=2420#p865253
TheRussianB

Postby vatas » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:08 am

loftar wrote:
jordancoles wrote:Edit: seems to be about the same, if not a little bit worse with JDK 11. Disabling the animations on the animals and the visitor gate flags helped a decent amount, but it is ugly for videos and whatnot

You make me unsure what your context is. "Disabling animations" makes it sound like this is a custom client, and as far as I'm aware, there aren't yet any custom clients that use the new rendering system, so I'm wondering what you're using to measure the performance.

I've been holding a personal suspicion that some people have actually updated their private clients. Maybe JordanColes accidentally spilled the beans on that?

Also, depending on how open-source licensing works with hnh client, private clients could be at least technically illegal. (At least I remember this discussion coming back ages ago, Loftar quoted license agreement, I don't remember exact details.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby KingfishCid » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:52 am

Wunsz wrote:does anyone have the same problem that after this update the day kind of rewound? i mean groundhog day literally

Don't listen to them Wunsz they're lying! Yes this is a groundhog day situation. When you wake up tomorrow everything will have reversed to the previous day. Today is your day! You can finally rob the bank as many times as you need till you get it down to buy more hats. We've been here repeating the same game breaking bug for over five days; you only just now noticed it. Loftar has officially broken the time space continuum.
KingfishCid

Postby Wunsz » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:09 am

TheRussianB wrote:
Wunsz wrote:does anyone have the same problem that after this update the day kind of rewound? i mean groundhog day literally - everything i did yesterday including the silkfarming i did and the buildings i made is gone and my inventory was packed the same as yesterday morning. i'm using the ardennes, but i also tried amber just to see what will happen but according to the game yesterday didnt happen at all...
Here's what happened: http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=40227&start=2420#p865253

thanks! i thought it was related to updates but looks like a separate issue and was covered elsewhere.
Wunsz

Postby xzo » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:52 pm

jorb wrote:
  • Wound healing from alchemical Elixirs is applied as a Wound treatment, rather than a part of the Elixir buff

this is good fix for alchemy pepper abuse thing, wont you agree that applying same rule ( treatment ) to ancient roots would be the actually fair ?
My mother told me Someday I would buy
Galley with good oars Sail to distant shores
Stand up high in the prow Noble barque I steer
Steady course for the haven Hew many foe-men,
hew many foe-men
xzo

Postby Aceb » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:36 pm

xzo wrote:
jorb wrote:
  • Wound healing from alchemical Elixirs is applied as a Wound treatment, rather than a part of the Elixir buff

this is good fix for alchemy pepper abuse thing, wont you agree that applying same rule ( treatment ) to ancient roots would be the actually fair ?

Show me how will You mass produce ancient roots.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements