Game Development: Cattle Time

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Cattle Time

Postby Nightdawg » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:00 am

Random thought off the top of my head, do these animals remain memorised even after they die?
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Kirche » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:00 am

Definitely need to be able to see the names above the animals when the menu is open, and also renaming from the menu would be great, I'm in favor of the pasture area that DDD suggested, could work like a land survey flag

below is what i used to use from boshaw's client which is now broken, maybe you can take inspiration from it, the M4Kill button renamed them to slaughter so that I could be quick and efficient, the inspect option was integrated into the window to allow for renaming but an official option to mass inspect/memorize would be far better

Kirche

Postby TheOriginalFive » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:35 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:
DDDsDD999 wrote:Could let us build a pasture area and you can memo every animal in the assigned perimeter, as long as you're within a few tiles of the pasture.

Might be a lot of tack-on, but I really think the number of animals that can be used in breeding should be limited to reduce the difference between hyper-efficient setups and regular people setups :D a pasture that limits the numbers of individuals in it & them not being able to breed outside the pasture would limit a lot of potential for people to ruin the game for themselves by meta gaming too much

I find it hard to believe YOU talking about metagaming burning players out considering what happened this world.

On that subject, there should be some way to tag the animals by highlighting color, if not name.
TheOriginalFive

Postby strpk0 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:33 am

Hey, I made a few suggestions to the cattle roster menu here viewtopic.php?f=48&t=69517, as it currently stands it has certain flaws that make less useful than it could be.
Hope the devs can give it a read.
Last edited by strpk0 on Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby NeoBasilisk » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:17 am

very nice
NeoBasilisk

Postby mvgulik » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:05 am

loftar wrote:
Slowwalker wrote:Well, additional bars for "favorites" actions would be useful.

Are you aware that you can switch between multiple bars with Alt+1...Alt+0?

Why would anyone know about that!

- Its not described in the (only) in-game/client help page.
- There are no in-client UI hints of it either.
- Nor do I know of any other official (easy to find, ie: forum posts thereby excluded) sources on this.

Potential UI idea for the future perhaps.
(missing some stuff, but the basic idea should be there)

---

O yea. It would be nice if sub-menu buttons, placed on the action bar, would actually work.
mvgulik

Postby Evalunx » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:56 pm

Age is very important for cattle manager to know exactly when we can collect Suckling's Maw from calf/lamb.
---------------------------
How to Acquire
Slaughter a young calf, lamb, goat lamb or foal of either gender, equip any sharp tool and butcher the animal to acquire one suckling's maw. It must be done within a few real days of the animal's birth, else you will not be able to collect the maws.
--------------------------
Off topic:
questgivers should be immortal. do it next patch please!
Evalunx

Postby Cayur » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:41 pm

great patch, definitely a nice system to add into the game, and will be way better if you add some more features to it like have been described in this thread already, hopefully you take these ideas into consideration and not leave this system as is
Cayur

Postby tyrtix » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:53 pm

wonder how much this game will transfer the chance to play from casual hermit to pvp communities...having animals is already so hard to manage for a solo that most people just keeps a horse and maybe 2 sheeps, so most of these implementations are good only for the blue whale players.
A bit meh for 2 weeks of waiting...
tyrtix

Postby shubla » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:07 pm

tyrtix wrote:wonder how much this game will transfer the chance to play from casual hermit to pvp communities...having animals is already so hard to manage for a solo that most people just keeps a horse and maybe 2 sheeps, so most of these implementations are good only for the blue whale players.
A bit meh for 2 weeks of waiting...

Those players use their own custom clients with improved features so there is little benefit from these kind of things to them.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements