Game Development: Cattle Time

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Cattle Time

Postby tyrtix » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:47 pm

shubla wrote:
tyrtix wrote:wonder how much this game will transfer the chance to play from casual hermit to pvp communities...having animals is already so hard to manage for a solo that most people just keeps a horse and maybe 2 sheeps, so most of these implementations are good only for the blue whale players.
A bit meh for 2 weeks of waiting...

Those players use their own custom clients with improved features so there is little benefit from these kind of things to them.

Tho my point is that the other part of the community will never need such "improvements" for real... i mean, at least 30% of the game atm cannot be experienced if you're not in a large community.
tyrtix

Postby Zodiac215 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:27 pm

i play alone i have a fair amount of animals, i use this feature from amber, my neighbor has ridiculous amount of animals and they are two people, the only features i dont find acessible for the small players are the meteor and 9th cave level
Zodiac215

Postby talon00302 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:56 pm

Zodiac215 wrote:i play alone i have a fair amount of animals, i use this feature from amber, my neighbor has ridiculous amount of animals and they are two people, the only features i dont find acessible for the small players are the meteor and 9th cave level

I 100% agree, all it takes is ambition for the rest besides maybe dungeons because of how random they can be.
talon00302

Postby vatas » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:15 pm

Zodiac215 wrote:i play alone i have a fair amount of animals, i use this feature from amber, my neighbor has ridiculous amount of animals and they are two people, the only features i dont find acessible for the small players are the meteor and 9th cave level

"Let's put the deepest cave level behind ability to acquire Meteorite Iron Bar" sounds cool as of itself but couple factors make it a big problem.

1. Meteorites are heavily contested, and casual players have almost no way of contesting it from hardcore players (allegedly in later worlds people don't bother with meteorites and you could send an alt with pick axe to try at least scrape some for yourself)

2. From what I've heard, deepest cave layer (9th) has such absurd jump in ore quality compared to even 8th that two groups, one with lvl 9 minehole, one without, putting in the same amount of effort, the one with lvl 9 will always be ahead.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Apocoreo » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:47 pm

I have enough gripes with mining this world to make a whole separate thread about, been debating whether or not Jorb and Lorb will care.

I got two level 7 mineholes, 1 level 6, two level fives at various bases across two continents. One of those 7's is about to be an 8 because no one in my village has the Pottery credo and I'm somehow stuck on fisherman as a miner, so I had to trade.

I got every kind of ore, with my quality capped at 250. I'm still finding q80, even q50 ore at level 7 which is just piss at this point. I DO have q350 rocks; arkose. Mining at this point has been reduce to finding gold, black ore, and korund to sell. I am hopeless to obtain meteor. I would like a more consistent q growth by level.

For that matter, if I have to deal with randomized qualities per ore, why not make farmers deal with randomized crop q crops per planting kek
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby Schattengaenger » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:23 pm

loftar wrote:
WowGain wrote:unlocked ortho cam

At least, you can nowadays give the console command :cam ortho -f to unlock the ortho camera (which is saved).

OH MY GOD THANK YOU.
Finally I can use the new client instead of jumping back and forth!
Schattengaenger

Previous

Return to Announcements