Game Development: Roe, Roe, Roe yer Boat

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Roe, Roe, Roe yer Boat

Postby vatas » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:41 pm

You can now light fire items (branches, torches, &c) from most ovens and other objects with open flames.

This is an objectively good change (unless you want game to be hard and grindy for the sake of being grindy.) But that raises a question of why didn't we have this since the inception of the new fire items system.

Not meant to be overtly negative response, better late than never.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby loftar » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:41 pm

Belliaum wrote:java.lang.RuntimeException: TexRender does not support different draw (#<texr gfx/terobjs/trees/oak(0)>) and clip (#<texr gfx/terobjs/trees/pine(0)>) textures

Yes, thank you, it has already been mentioned twice. I'm still looking into it.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby loftar » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:47 pm

The crash bug appears to be related to a change we made in the application of variable materials in order to support more flexible combinations of materials as required for the anvil. Apparently it is incompatible with certain wood materials (oak, for example) which is specified a bit inconsistently to others, and which apparently I never had applied to anything on my test server. I'm trying to create a workaround at the moment, but it's a bit of an ugly hack.

EDIT: I seem to have a fix now, but due to having to maintain multiple resource trees, it's going to take some more minutes to get them both recompiled and matched up.
loftar

Postby iamahh » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:55 pm

shubla wrote:You should give more information about following weeks updates or we all got hopes up for nothing!

i think it's the opposite, the more info the higher expectations
iamahh

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:10 pm

iamahh wrote:
shubla wrote:You should give more information about following weeks updates or we all got hopes up for nothing!

i think it's the opposite, the more info the higher expectations

well, I may 100% ensure you I have seen hundreds of ppl, who thought "new render" was something related to "better graphics and better performance" (though loftar never said that, and even said opposite but once), so I may admit sometimes "no info = false expectations"
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby ctopolon4 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:16 pm

server cant hanlde canape ¦]
ctopolon4

Postby loftar » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:17 pm

There, I believe the material-application crash should be hacked around now, so please feel free to keep reporting it again if it still happens to you.
loftar

Postby ZoniaX » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:12 pm

Store Description wrote:Image$9 Up since well before dawn, to greet the first rising sun of May, and welcome in the summertime.

W13 confirmed may 1. !!!
ZoniaX

Postby wonder-ass » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:42 pm

jorb wrote:In the Pipe
-----------------------
We are working toward object controlled objects, quite simply. The server protocol changes are largely complete, and will otherwise progress in tandem with work on object controlled objects.

very cool! looking forward to hear more about this.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby MrM » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:18 am

So guys, what is the object controlled object thingy everyone is talking about? Can someone translate it for me to specific examples and possibilities?
MrM

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements