Game Development: Roe, Roe, Roe yer Boat

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Roe, Roe, Roe yer Boat

Postby tyrtix » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:18 pm

ctopolon4 wrote:
tyrtix wrote:started to fiddle a bit more with the original client instead of using amber, and what i am missing more atm are two things: quality showing on any item, and moving options to and from containers like autosorting ql and moving the same item at once in piles.
Another function i found very qol was the q keystroke that picked up items around or start to follow thingies like butterflies and picked them up, clicking on them over the minimap or ingame looks like an exercise of aiming at them.

try to press A T Q (Adventure Toggle Quality) to display Q
try to prees Shift+Ctrl+LMB click to transfer all items (no RMB LMB sorting but works)
you need to learn standart client's hotkeys before saying it missing

Well, under options -> gameplay or options -> keybind there's nothing that suggests there's quality display, wich really should be default on since the game is centered on the quality mechanics, and this is not a welcome sing for new players, or even returning ones.

Transfer key command you specified works only for containers and not for piles, also do not autosort ql, so if i want to drop in a pile of rocks only rocks and no ore or cat gold, guess what happens, i can't.

Btw, these things were just what i say i am missing most, someone else could find different things are more useufl than that.
tyrtix

Postby ElSid » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:10 am

tyrtix wrote:moving options to and from containers like autosorting ql and moving the same item at once in piles.

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=69737#p871499 might help you.
ElSid

Postby Fostik » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:35 am

Well, this roe mechanics seems to be weird
One seedcrisp flatbread, .25 milk and .25 roe are required for 4 canapes(you get 4 per craft)
Seedcrisp flatbread itself gives 500% energy, but each canape - 150% energy. +100% energy for .25 litters of roe and .25 milk is too low. I'm not even speaking about useless and shitty feps, i'd prefer to eat seedcrisp instead, no prevent totally randomize of it's stats.
0.25 roe to craft 4 canapes is too much, I have only collected roe enough for two crafts of canapes, from 3 stockpiles of fish.
To be honest, I expected to see some different breads for roe canapes, like bark bread, onion bread, pumpkin bread. Game still has a lot of breads with no use.

Hope you guys wasting all your time for developing new world, so it leads to bad considered mechanics like that.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby CaveHermit » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:11 am

Heyo maybe its already time for w13? *________* Loftar?
CaveHermit

Postby CSPAN » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:36 pm

Ideally they'll start a new world only when OCO is finished and polished all out. Give it a few more months probably.
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

Postby BoxingRock » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:40 am

CSPAN wrote:Ideally they'll start a new world only when OCO is finished and polished all out. Give it a few more months probably.

ideally w12 was suppose to start when client rewrite was finished and look how that worked out

having a major mechanic change or introduction mid-world is par for the course now, waiting is not necessary at all
"Not to say that we're in any way perfect, but for the most part, what you call "lack of communication" is simply reflective of how we develop." - loftar
BoxingRock

Postby Agrik » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:30 am

BoxingRock wrote:ideally w12 was suppose to start when client rewrite was finished and look how that worked out

having a major mechanic change or introduction mid-world is par for the course now, waiting is not necessary at all

I think the main difference is that the client rewrite doesn't affect the game world. It's only a change in a "viewport", in a way. On the other hand, OCO may need a somewhat different structure of the game world data, which would mean a strong incentive to generate it anew exactly together with OCO implementation.

Though it's only my speculations. IDK, maybe loftar aims to implement OCO in a way that would work with a simple mid-world data conversion.
Agrik

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:12 am

I'm not sure how much the housing changes jorb wants to do relies on this server update, but that housing change probably will warrant a restart. All I can do is guess that it does rely on it heavily, which is why it's the current push for development.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby BoxingRock » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:37 pm

MagicManICT wrote:I'm not sure how much the housing changes jorb wants to do relies on this server update, but that housing change probably will warrant a restart. All I can do is guess that it does rely on it heavily, which is why it's the current push for development.

if I remember correctly the idea of dynamic housing was never mean to roll out with OCO, it was only ever spoken about as something they could aim to achieve well afterwords as it would be its own massive undertaking. The only immediate repercussions of OCO would be simple things like standing on docks, making bridges and eventually standing on boats - which would require a massive undertaking of thought in to how this would effect combat.

too bad the devs militantly refuse to actually tell their paying customers and supporters about their development plans, I guess all we have is speculation and memories of random chitchats from streams that happened over a year ago
"Not to say that we're in any way perfect, but for the most part, what you call "lack of communication" is simply reflective of how we develop." - loftar
BoxingRock

Postby iamahh » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:15 pm

I'm guessing lots of buildings will depend on controlled objects, walking over walls, climbing towers, roofs...
iamahh

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements