Game Development: Roe, Roe, Roe yer Boat

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Roe, Roe, Roe yer Boat

Postby BoxingRock » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:01 am

jorb wrote:
shubla wrote:
jorb wrote:We're working on a bigger thing, and missed the patch this week. Apologies!

history repeats itself?

Indeed.

No patch this week, unfortunately. Still working. Will push at least something next week.

have you considered spending more time per week working on updates?
"Not to say that we're in any way perfect, but for the most part, what you call "lack of communication" is simply reflective of how we develop." - loftar
BoxingRock

Postby Ag_Revol » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:06 am

BoxingRock wrote:have you considered spending more time per week working on updates?

It would certainly be nice for devs to be able to use their time to develop game updates instead of efing fighting their own community ddos attacks
Make Kebabs Great Again!
W6-8 - Hermit
W9 - Amish Paradise
W10 - Amish Paradise then Hermit
W11 - A.D.
W12 - Lawspeaker of Avalon
W13 - Konung of Norsca
W14 - Konung of Norsca
Ag_Revol

Postby BoxingRock » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:23 am

Ag_Revol wrote:
BoxingRock wrote:have you considered spending more time per week working on updates?

It would certainly be nice for devs to be able to use their time to develop game updates instead of efing fighting their own community ddos attacks

oh, that's so weird because I was sure that they immediately, publicly decided to do nothing about it beyond spending a few moments to pop in to the forum a couple times a day to give us a simple official acknowledgement that the current lag was the attack starting again
"Not to say that we're in any way perfect, but for the most part, what you call "lack of communication" is simply reflective of how we develop." - loftar
BoxingRock

Postby wolf1000wolf » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:30 am

Ag_Revol wrote:

Oh... is the server under lag again?
wolf1000wolf

Postby Virs » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:47 am

BoxingRock wrote:
Ag_Revol wrote:

oh, that's so weird because I was sure that they immediately, publicly decided to do nothing about it beyond spending a few moments to pop in to the forum a couple times a day to give us a simple official acknowledgement that the current lag was the attack starting again

Uninstall pls
Virs

Postby shubla » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:59 am

jorb wrote: Will push at least something next week.

shubla wrote: must be some more complicated bird mechanic. Like birdcages for owls.

You heard it from me first!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Schattengaenger » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:59 pm

have you considered that they don't earn enough with haven to commit more time into it?
Or do you really think you can support two households with 2-4 hat-sales per month?
But truth be told, even with more time at hand I wouldn't be willing to commit more time to the forums at least to deal with an increasingly toxic "playerbase".
And yes, the irony of this post, condemning toxicity on the forums while being at the very least slightly toxic , isn't lost on me.
Schattengaenger

Postby Fostik » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:34 pm

Wait, isn't game sales that bad, and community are toxic just because devs don't give fuck about what community says?
I mean, me, as any other player has plans to donate to the game when wipe will happen, as well as don't see any reason to support useless patches now.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Apocoreo » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:29 pm

The last time we had a two week lull we got the Cattle Roster, which then required another week to be useable.

i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby DDDsDD999 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:54 pm

Livestock manager was the best thing they've done in years though. It actually makes the game better
DDDsDD999

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements