Game Development: Roe, Roe, Roe yer Boat

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Roe, Roe, Roe yer Boat

Postby shubla » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:28 am

MrM wrote:So guys, what is the object controlled object thingy everyone is talking about? Can someone translate it for me to specific examples and possibilities?

It will solve all of our problems.

Here is detailed explanation by devs about their impact.
https://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=69340&p=867610&hilit=object+controlled+object#p867610
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Shadow7168 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:41 am

the client crashes after downloading the update, with this

java.lang.RuntimeException: haven.launcher.Cache$FileReplaceException: could not replace out-of-date file with newly downloaded file
at haven.launcher.Driver.execute(Driver.java:72)
at haven.launcher.Driver.run(Driver.java:89)
at haven.launcher.Driver.main(Driver.java:147)
Caused by: haven.launcher.Cache$FileReplaceException: could not replace out-of-date file with newly downloaded file
at haven.launcher.Cache.update0(Cache.java:263)
at haven.launcher.Cache.update(Cache.java:277)
at haven.launcher.Resource.update(Resource.java:64)
at haven.launcher.Driver.execute(Driver.java:47)
... 2 more
Suppressed: haven.launcher.Cache$FileReplaceException: could not replace out-of-date file with newly downloaded file
... 6 more
Suppressed: haven.launcher.Cache$FileReplaceException: could not replace out-of-date file with newly downloaded file
... 6 more
Potjeh wrote:They're using swords as throwing weapons now? Damn cheaters!

MagicManICT wrote:Most raiders aren't into choking another man's chicken. They can do some pretty gay shit, but that's usually the line.
Shadow7168

Postby loftar » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:00 am

Shadow7168 wrote:java.lang.RuntimeException: haven.launcher.Cache$FileReplaceException: could not replace out-of-date file with newly downloaded file

Likely means that you're still running a copy of the client. Files can't be replaced while in use on Windows.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Shadow7168 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:47 am

loftar wrote:
Shadow7168 wrote:java.lang.RuntimeException: haven.launcher.Cache$FileReplaceException: could not replace out-of-date file with newly downloaded file

Likely means that you're still running a copy of the client. Files can't be replaced while in use on Windows.

huh, that was it yeah. the process was still running in the background.
Potjeh wrote:They're using swords as throwing weapons now? Damn cheaters!

MagicManICT wrote:Most raiders aren't into choking another man's chicken. They can do some pretty gay shit, but that's usually the line.
Shadow7168

Postby loftar » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:42 am

Shadow7168 wrote:huh, that was it yeah. the process was still running in the background.

You mean the Java process went on running even after you closed the client window? If so, that doesn't sound like it should be, so if it happens again, it would be great if you could get a stack dump from it for debugging.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Dondy » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:57 am

What use is roe? I can't eat it or study it and don't have any recipes to cook with it.

I haven't got caviar yet.
Dondy

Postby tyrtix » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:39 pm

started to fiddle a bit more with the original client instead of using amber, and what i am missing more atm are two things: quality showing on any item, and moving options to and from containers like autosorting ql and moving the same item at once in piles.
Another function i found very qol was the q keystroke that picked up items around or start to follow thingies like butterflies and picked them up, clicking on them over the minimap or ingame looks like an exercise of aiming at them.
tyrtix

Postby ctopolon4 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:01 pm

tyrtix wrote:started to fiddle a bit more with the original client instead of using amber, and what i am missing more atm are two things: quality showing on any item, and moving options to and from containers like autosorting ql and moving the same item at once in piles.
Another function i found very qol was the q keystroke that picked up items around or start to follow thingies like butterflies and picked them up, clicking on them over the minimap or ingame looks like an exercise of aiming at them.

try to press A T Q (Adventure Toggle Quality) to display Q
try to prees Shift+Ctrl+LMB click to transfer all items (no RMB LMB sorting but works)
you need to learn standart client's hotkeys before saying it missing
Q hotkey works to open\close gates on some clients (pick\drop cart) (catch\forage = nice feature but not in stadartClient, reported so many times)
standart client for LARPers who dont need efficiency, automation, clicks save, hotkeys. who wanna pleasure from suffer & time waste.
no hide trees, no flat cupboards (towers), no F1-F12 toolbar, no NUMLOCK toolbar, no recent crafts, no calc softcap, no calc exploration\stealth\armor\FEPperHunger\LPperHOUR
no 9\12 coal, no 2\4 branches, no 5 blocks, no consecutive moving, no serial actions, no SPLIT all script, no FLAY\CLEAN\BUTCHER all script, no CHOOSE 1 PETAL script (use 1 menu option on each visible chosed item)
no scripts to equip 2 tavel sack from anywhere, script to equip weapon from anywhere, no script to use slippers/moccasins/coracle for speed, no replant or stock in barrel\trought scripts
no quick hand slots, no hotkeys for this. no quest helper feature, no distance show to quest giver, no triangulation questgiver, no miner helper (to watch out visible ores and broken columns), no autodrop stone/ore,
no pepper bots, no cheese bots, no steel bots, no truffle bot, no farm bot, no discord alarm system, no auto drinking, no auto peppering\truffeling, no auto eating
no small trees, no flat terrain, no disable terrain elevation, no small world, no Q highlight (color/sound), no adjustable alarms, no adjustable hotkeys, no aggressive animal indicator, no TextureName on hovering
З.Ы. i got carried away ;)
ctopolon4

Postby iamahh » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:03 pm

if you care about quality and sorting forget default client, you'll be playing Sorting Simulator all day
iamahh

Postby vatas » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:03 pm

Dondy wrote:What use is roe? I can't eat it or study it and don't have any recipes to cook with it.

I haven't got caviar yet.

If it works like Cave Slime, it becomes edible as is when at full stack (assuming it stacks like Cave Slime.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements