Game Development: Mushroom Circle

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Mushroom Circle

Postby iamahh » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:55 pm

iamahh wrote:snail ruined the world with it's huge troll realm, now it's trying to ruin the default client... let's hope it fails
SnuggleSnail wrote:should've made ur own realm if u didn't want to live in mine :^)

yeah I'm going to create a realm using default client just to get some arbitrary numbers i couldn't care less
Last edited by iamahh on Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
iamahh

Postby tyrtix » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:55 pm

something tells me this www mechanic is not good as it seems...
tyrtix

Postby Godganesh » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:00 pm

tyrtix wrote:something tells me this www mechanic is not good as it seems...

have proofs ?
Godganesh

Postby iamahh » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:01 pm

would be nice to get a warning or event so we know that seed was from the pool
iamahh

Postby Pickard » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:12 pm

shubla wrote:
Pickard wrote:I don't know guys how you are using official client. I've just tried it (after Amber). It's awful. It's so bad in so many ways.

Im really shocked.

Provide some good improvement ideas instead of just pointing out how bad it is!

Wrote an answer and forum ate it :\

Shubla, you should be dumb, amber is one big improvement. What else you want?

Wait, Ill say what else - loftar, you could use unreal engine 4 years ago instead of rewriting render, which you completely failed. And implement most amber features.
w15 Trust me bro w14 Arcanum w13 Arcanum w12 Action w11 Willowroot w10 Dis w9 Hive w8 Core w7 H.A.W.X/Progress w6 Dis/Disneyland w5 Peace/Late Project
Pickard

Postby Reyajh » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:27 pm

I think there are some nice suggestions so far for improvements to the default UI but there are a few that are nearly impossible to play without and those should be what you focus on first. For me those are really just two.

1) Being able to invert the camera's x/y axis for looking around. Every game wants to set it their own way and most have an option to let you set it your own. For me, if it's not third person & I can't do that, I'm pretty much on to the next game.

2) Being able to see numbers or visuals for crop stages and qualities for animals such as chickens. Okay maybe that's 3.

And PLEASE SOMEONE, why can't my roommate move his character in the default client on his windows 7 laptop for several months now? There isn't any error message & I've deleted every file I can find on that laptop that's associated with Haven and Hearth, to no avail. Nevermind found a thread on this bug and using clickdb now...
Last edited by Reyajh on Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just my .O2... Taste, drink.., like/hate...
Jorb: "Oh, don't you worry. We're gonna take care of the pepper situation!" ¦]
Reyajh

Postby iamahh » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:32 pm

@Pickard, if devs used someone else engine they'd probably not be able to do a lot of things, and still be tied to another big company ... it's slower to make everything yourself but once you're set it gives you total control
iamahh

Postby shubla » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:37 pm

iamahh wrote:@Pickard, if devs used someone else engine they'd probably not be able to do a lot of things, and still be tied to another big company ... it's slower to make everything yourself but once you're set it gives you total control

Yeah and the rendering rewrite was a success I'd say. FPS gain per day is not too good, but the final result is. I get consistent 144fps even in large villages.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Pickard » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:27 pm

iamahh wrote:@Pickard, if devs used someone else engine they'd probably not be able to do a lot of things, and still be tied to another big company ... it's slower to make everything yourself but once you're set it gives you total control

They could do everything they did and more. Hundreds of gamedev companies works on UE from indie to AAA.

shubla wrote:Yeah and the rendering rewrite was a success I'd say. FPS gain per day is not too good, but the final result is. I get consistent 144fps even in large villages.

Picture quality, performance, visual artifacts - all almost the same as in old render. They spent 3 years for almost nothing, I cant call this nothing but fail.
I made my own game engine, in 2010 it was faster and with better visuals on 2010's hardware.
w15 Trust me bro w14 Arcanum w13 Arcanum w12 Action w11 Willowroot w10 Dis w9 Hive w8 Core w7 H.A.W.X/Progress w6 Dis/Disneyland w5 Peace/Late Project
Pickard

Postby loftar » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:03 pm

Pickard wrote:I made my own game engine, in 2010 it was faster and with better visuals on 2010's hardware.

That sounds great! You should be able to tell me what I can improve, then.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements