Game Development: Mushroom Circle

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Mushroom Circle

Postby Ag_Revol » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:56 pm

shubla wrote:Well that is true, but Rust is a very different game when compared to HNH. In rust, if you want to start playing, you will just check up server that was wiped within 24hrs or something. But in HnH, there is only one server, so you don't have this option. Would this result in people not playing the game, at all? I don't think so.

I mean, what's the point of building long-lasting villages and kingdoms, considering it requires a massive time investment if you know it's gonna disappear in two months?
Make Kebabs Great Again!
W6-8 - Hermit
W9 - Amish Paradise
W10 - Amish Paradise then Hermit
W11 - A.D.
W12 - Lawspeaker of Avalon
W13 - Konung of Norsca
W14 - Konung of Norsca
Ag_Revol

Postby shubla » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:47 pm

Ag_Revol wrote:I mean, what's the point of building long-lasting villages and kingdoms, considering it requires a massive time investment if you know it's gonna disappear in two months?

But is it any better to not know if its 2 months or 2 years?
I'm not sure how many large villages or kingdoms are being built late world with the current system. (not knowing whether a reset is in 1month or 1 year)

I think that you cannot know, if you dont try.
Devss should try doing 1 or 2 worlds so that the length would be pre-defined right from the beginning, just to see what actually will happen.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Ag_Revol » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:01 pm

shubla wrote:But is it any better to not know if its 2 months or 2 years?
I'm not sure how many large villages or kingdoms are being built late world with the current system. (not knowing whether a reset is in 1month or 1 year)

Devss should try doing 1 or 2 worlds so that the length would be pre-defined right from the beginning, just to see what actually will happen.

I know few villages that build and live despite it being "obvious" (which means: old farts whining for new world on forums) that wipe is coming relatively soon. It's just easier to enjoy your game when it's still an ongoing adventure without a set end, rather than "well you can build XXX but it will only last for NNN days, so choose if you want to invest your time into it"
not like I play it, lol, this world is surprisingly boring for some reason

I'm not opposed to the idea of trying it out though.
Make Kebabs Great Again!
W6-8 - Hermit
W9 - Amish Paradise
W10 - Amish Paradise then Hermit
W11 - A.D.
W12 - Lawspeaker of Avalon
W13 - Konung of Norsca
W14 - Konung of Norsca
Ag_Revol

Postby Godganesh » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:05 pm

shubla wrote:
Ag_Revol wrote:I mean, what's the point of building long-lasting villages and kingdoms, considering it requires a massive time investment if you know it's gonna disappear in two months?

But is it any better to not know if its 2 months or 2 years?

It seems to me that 12 worlds should have been enough for experiments, I don't read the forum often and I don't know if there is a server branch where they try everything new, I hope there is, and it seems to me that it would be advisable to choose random people to test these updates for further release .... but in general the coolest thing is to consult with the community, listen to people, and not just to bot breeders who have a huge voice, it is not clear why

sorry for my english, i'm self taught
Godganesh

Postby stickman » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:02 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:
stickman wrote:if someone could explain the proper way to do this in default i would appreciate

Transfer all is ctrl + shift + lclick. Don't ask why the hotkey is fucked, it's probably some stupid reason, I've complained about it a bunch.

thank you this helps me alot.
stickman

Postby death1223 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:44 am

shubla wrote:Nice, but I cannot see the image that you've posted!

When will you add https to your web server, jorb?
https://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=69675

Some of my friends actually brought this up as a reason not to play. It's pretty ridiculous but when a normie visits a site and the browser is yelling at them "Not secure" then it seems to scare 'em.
death1223

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:46 am

death1223 wrote:It's pretty ridiculous but when a normie visits a site and the browser is yelling at them "Not secure" then it seems to scare 'em.

They really don't want to see what Facebook and many other sites "legitimately" scrape off their web traffic.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Apocoreo » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:32 am

I think the important part is losing potential players.
Last edited by Apocoreo on Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby BoxingRock » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:07 am

MagicManICT wrote:
death1223 wrote:It's pretty ridiculous but when a normie visits a site and the browser is yelling at them "Not secure" then it seems to scare 'em.

They really don't want to see what Facebook and many other sites "legitimately" scrape off their web traffic.

what does this have to do with anything?

like we get it, you are an absolute internet genius who knows everything about everything

is it really hard to grasp the concept that the vast majority of internet users and potential players for this game would be scared off by a big warning sign?
some people dont have a vast and endless knowledge of seemingly all things in life and 10 paragraphs of information to add to any possible topic that can be brought up

these poor simple minded people think facebook is a safe internet place to talk to their friends and family and get worried when their internet tells them a website is dangerous

can you stop trying to gatekeep the entire internet behind your vast, vast, vast wealth of endless knowledge and maybe just not join in on conversations like this

like did we really need a edgy devils advocate point of view on the idea that a big warning sign pops up when you try to download the game
like we get it these peasants are infantile idiots you are practically a god compared to them, if only they could ever understand the internet as good as you they would realize how pathetic they are

this is a legitimate concern, we dont need to hear about how you think google and facebook are evil corporations because it has absolutely nothing to do with fixing the problem and i can assure you that we all think you are a very very smart man but right now we are worried about the people who are not as smart as you so relax
please stop
"Not to say that we're in any way perfect, but for the most part, what you call "lack of communication" is simply reflective of how we develop." - loftar
BoxingRock

Postby Sollar » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:07 pm

jorb wrote:-----------------------
[list]
[*] We are working on a bigger implementation. Might be a few weeks.

Enjoy!

World reset confirmed
Sollar

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements