Game Development: Seaworthy Movement

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Seaworthy Movement

Postby loftar » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:17 am

KingMav wrote:java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: haven/Rendered

See this. I have no idea how old resources keep finding their ways into the new clients' caches.

Kirche wrote:this doesn't seem to actually work?

You need a properly updated client, as old clients would interpret any Ctrl-click combination as clicking through to the map without the Ctrl, so on such a client that would be the same as simply shift-clicking the object in questions. The latest client only clicks through a held item if only Ctrl is held, so that Ctrl+Shift properly counts as clicking with the held item and with Ctrl.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Kirche » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:30 am

loftar wrote:You need a properly updated client, as old clients would interpret any Ctrl-click combination as clicking through to the map without the Ctrl, so on such a client that would be the same as simply shift-clicking the object in questions. The latest client only clicks through a held item if only Ctrl is held, so that Ctrl+Shift properly counts as clicking with the held item and with Ctrl.

I'm running default and it's not working.
Kirche

Postby KingMav » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:47 am

loftar wrote:
KingMav wrote:java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: haven/Rendered

See this. I have no idea how old resources keep finding their ways into the new clients' caches.

Awesome, this worked well. Thanks for the quick help. I have updated the bug post I made earlier, feel free to mark as solved for anyone with a similar issue.
It's easier to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.
KingMav

Postby abt79 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:49 am

I imagine the Seaworthiness meter was implemented because the repair level of a ship is of life-or-death importance.

For similar reasons, could we not have a more general Decay meter (or perhaps some toggleable display of repair% as is available in all custom clients) for other constructables?

Mine supports, at an absolute bare minimum, need something like this for official client mining to be viable, but as a feature available for all map objects this would be immensely helpful.
abt79

Postby ULGMsean » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:04 am

jorb wrote:
  • Added a "Seaworthiness" meter, active while on Ships (Knarrs & Snekkjas), displaying how much damage the vessel has currently taken. We debated adding it to rafts, dugouts, and rowboats, but decided against it since it would be useless info most of the time, but feel free to opine otherwise.

How about adding them instead as optional toggle in settings if players want to see them or not?
マイルズ
ULGMsean

Postby loftar » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:17 am

Kirche wrote:I'm running default and it's not working.

Right you are, I had failed to properly commit that change. If you reload your client, it should work now.

ULGMsean wrote:How about adding them instead as optional toggle in settings if players want to see them or not?

I'm generally a fan of sensible defaults.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Massa » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:18 am

We are working on a bigger implementation. Might be a few weeks.

I've heard this for years.
OCO next week or you're fired.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby valeriesusanne » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:09 am

When I read about the new "seaworthy" update I immediately jumped in my knarr for a quick spin on the high seas:
OMG THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I love exploring and was always a nervous wreck crossing large expanses...BEST UPDATE EVER :D

(Just another small thing I would love: a calendar, so I know when the seasons start and end?)
"He doesn't understand. Explain as you would a child." General Roth'h'ar Sarris
valeriesusanne

Postby jordancoles » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:36 am

loftar wrote:
ULGMsean wrote:How about adding them instead as optional toggle in settings if players want to see them or not?

I'm generally a fan of sensible defaults.

What about setting the audiobuf to something more reasonable by default so that people can hear the sound a few milliseconds later in exchange for not having to hear stuttering bullshit every time they load up the game :ugeek:
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby BorikGor » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:35 pm

Hi!
jorb wrote:We've been developing, and here's what's new.
[*] You can now shift-ctrl-right-click to add all items of a suitable type to a map object, for example: Add all coal in inventory to a smelter. Add all woodblocks in inventory to a tarkiln. Add all fuel (branches, woodblocks &c) in inventory to a fire. Essentially this translates as an exhaustive repeat of a shift-right-click.

Great addition!
How complicated would it be though to make the "Put" action start with low/high Q level and continue upward/downward? Use right,left click to differentiate.
Would really help my OCD, when bringing those items to order.
BorikGor

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements