Prelude: World 13

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude: World 13

Postby kirion » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:17 am

In the Reset Trailer video, there seems to be, at 0:21, a stone contraption with a bellow that i can't recognize. Is it something coming with the new world, or did i completely miss an update that introduced it?
kirion

Postby Ancaladar » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:27 am

kirion wrote:In the Reset Trailer video, there seems to be, at 0:21, a stone contraption with a bellow that i can't recognize. Is it something coming with the new world, or did i completely miss an update that introduced it?

Appears to be a smelter of some kind, judging by the ore piles and bellows. It's either a primitive version of the current smelter or it's replacing it in favor of a more historically accurate smelter (the bellows also look to be player-manned, maybe more manual, hands-on metal smelting rather than the semi-automated kind we have now? Who knows?)

EDIT: Disregard, on closer inspection of the video there's also the normal brick smelters as well.
Ancaladar

Postby bmjclark » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:30 am

Just wanted to comment on a discussion on the stream, but I actually really enjoyed world 12s spawning. It was nice that if you wanted to move out to the middle of no where you could and avoid most people but if you wanted more consistent conflict you could stay in the middle.
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby MightySheep » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:37 am

bmjclark wrote:Just wanted to comment on a discussion on the stream, but I actually really enjoyed world 12s spawning. It was nice that if you wanted to move out to the middle of no where you could and avoid most people but if you wanted more consistent conflict you could stay in the middle.

I agree, having everyone spawning on the 'main' island worked really well, much better than having half a dozen islands and groups never run into each other for months
MightySheep

Postby Yuginelol » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:47 am

bmjclark wrote:Just wanted to comment on a discussion on the stream, but I actually really enjoyed world 12s spawning. It was nice that if you wanted to move out to the middle of no where you could and avoid most people but if you wanted more consistent conflict you could stay in the middle.

I'd also like to add that a difference now would be addition of snekkja, a mid-tier knarr replacement. As a solo larper knarr was a massive and very time consuming investment on a plot of 20x20, but snekja should be more manageable if I do want to set sail before actually settling.
Yuginelol

Postby ErdTod » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:49 am

Oh boy oh boy
ErdTod

Postby Okocim » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:59 am

Spawns at w12 were good, you could choose if you want to leave for a more peaceful place or stay where there are plenty of ppl around. All you had to do was jump into vortex.

About global pools, please just remove them.

And finally about drifting nodes. I'd say clay, water sand etc. should stay in place, but for animal nodes its another story, they should drift or animal quality should just be random, at w12 we were only hunting in a specific places, for specific animals which was kind of dumb. You skip 10 moose on the way to check if a single one spawned on the node.
Also being lucky enough to settle next to hql animal node creates too much of a difference.
Okocim

Postby banok » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:22 am

Gr8 timing, was going to use my easter break to see family not seen in a year but maybe now ill relapse this game
banok

Postby WowGain » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:39 am

yee haw lets go
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain