Prelude: World 13

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude: World 13

Postby Lertion » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:06 pm

Lertion

Postby abt79 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:07 pm

shubla wrote:I hope that you do something to pools as well.
I played quite a bit in W12 but only found the first edelweß couple of weeks ago, but then I found a LOT of them.
Pools are too harsh they should scale more with the playercount.
I also remember that in early world I found plenty of glimmers but soon, none.

edels have a rather high PER*EXP threshold, perhaps maybe you didn't happen to have the stats required to see them until recently?
hope this helped!
abt79

Postby shubla » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:08 pm

shubla wrote:Why no changes to siege? Its horse shit currently.

Would like to add that the problem is that even if the defendant is given unlimited time, he currently has no ways to defend himself.
Archery towers are useless, as they can be destroyed with a few catapults. They are actually so bad that you could just build 2 or 3 rams and you'd be through the wall well before the archery towers would have destroyed all the rams.

Camping the ram for 24 hour is easy, as you can bot it with alts and then have alarms for you/your villagerss to kill any alts that try to destroy it. Soak and hitpoints of ram being high there is not much chance to destroying it with weak alts.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby losexd » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:09 pm

finally a new world ¦]

w3/w5 - somewhere :)
w6 - Shamanizma, LS Dragons Reach
w7 - LS Old Monkey, LS Sakhalin
w8/11 - hermit
w12 - North Star
W13 - Monke Lem Plot and LS Midgard

Discord: losexd#0482
My W7 Legacy old shop (Closed): http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=35221
losexd

Postby shubla » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:10 pm

abt79 wrote:edels have a rather high PER*EXP threshold, perhaps maybe you didn't happen to have the stats required to see them until recently?
hope this helped!

I haven't raised my perc nor exp in a long time, so theres no chance on that. Quite the opposite if something, as I have worse gildings on my current clothes than before.
Lack of glimmer in early world was quite terrible, slowly stopped visiting caves altogether because I just couldn't find any, even though in the early days there were plenty of it available.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
shubla

Postby Dondy » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:21 pm

Many thanks! Looking forward to trying out the credo changes and finding out about fast travel!
Dondy

Postby VDZ » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:25 pm

Finally :) Very excited for the new world.

Ardennesss wrote:
jorb wrote:[*] Fast Travel has been significantly reworked. Minutiae of changes will be documented as they are discovered.[/list]
[*] Realms have been significantly reworked. Minutiae of changes will be documented after the founding of the first realm.
[*] Several changes, fixes, and new implementations left to the joy of discovery.[/list]
This is actively the opposite of what folks have asked you to do, which is talk to the community before implementing massive changes. Not only did you not talk to us, you are blatantly preventing discussion about changes ahead of time. Nice.

Apocoreo wrote:Wish ya'll would actually tell us what's changing. Remember 2015?

I kinda like how there's going to be stuff that we have to discover. Aside from the monetization fiasco, the start of Hafen was very exciting with everything being new and unknown.

GamingRAM wrote:Cool, I'll be seeing about playing this world.

I really hope you add name/date engraving to certain crafted items. Learning when and who made something plays really well with this game's emphasis on being an ever persistent world. A new world is the perfect time to introduce this.

I'm just saying, archeology would be pretty cool, imagine finding a really old sword made by a in/famous player.

It would certainly add immersion, finding out that the q113 Bronze Sword you just traded for was crafted by "i suck my mommys dick 69".

BoxingRock wrote:An argument for adding dynamic quality nodes -

Animal quality nodes can easily be botted, monitored by bots that relay directly to discord chats and cellphones, and spiraling boneclay with these methods is one of the ways that major faction villages massively boost their industries above the average player

Most animals migrate and move endlessly, it makes no sense for animals to stay in the exact same spot, especially if it's being hunted and visited by people very often.

It wouldn't make much sense for other nodes to move, but animal nodes should change regularly or at the very least have some kind of drifting mechanic

Perhaps rather than drifting, overhunting could cause the quality of the node to decrease, with areas with few animal deaths instead having the quality increase over time. It would reduce the necessity of quality-checking every spot but encourage people to travel around to hunt.

abt79 wrote:
shubla wrote:I hope that you do something to pools as well.
I played quite a bit in W12 but only found the first edelweß couple of weeks ago, but then I found a LOT of them.
Pools are too harsh they should scale more with the playercount.
I also remember that in early world I found plenty of glimmers but soon, none.

edels have a rather high PER*EXP threshold, perhaps maybe you didn't happen to have the stats required to see them until recently?
hope this helped!

I can confirm Shubla's observation that Glimmermoss was easy to find at the start of the world but soon started to spawn a lot less. There was a cave which spawned a lot of them which only three players including me had access to, and at first I could get consistently get 1-3 Glimmermoss per visit but some time later I'd be lucky to find even a single one when I visited. (It was blocked off on the inside with a palisade, so there weren't any external parties foraging them.)
VDZ

Postby Stoneface » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:30 pm

Shubla can you unprivate the boat trip video? I loved that so much
Stoneface

Postby shubla » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:38 pm

Stoneface wrote:Shubla can you unprivate the boat trip video? I loved that so much

It's not private.
https://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=68337&hilit=boat#p858513
shubla

Postby Quia » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:54 pm

We need lemon juice!
Quia

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements