Twilight of World 12

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Twilight of World 12

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:14 pm

shubla wrote:But why. You support the harmful thought of world resets meaning that one should stop playing by doing stuff like this! Instead of just playing normally till the end, which is rationaal.

You'd show up to work for your factory job making widgets, even if a massive asteroid was impacting the Earth in a few days and your job became useless? After all, nobody will be around for buying those widgets by the time it would have otherwise gotten to the store shelves. ;)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby shubla » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:19 pm

MagicManICT wrote:You'd show up to work for your factory job making widgets, even if a massive asteroid was impacting the Earth in a few days and your job became useless? After all, nobody will be around for buying those widgets by the time it would have otherwise gotten to the store shelves. ;)

If I liked the factory job, yes.
If not, why would I work in the first place? To get money of course.

Now I ask you: if you like the game, why stop playing even if the end is coming? You won't get paid, so there is no reason to play the game if you don't like it.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:23 pm

shubla wrote:If I liked the factory job, yes.

I can respect that answer. Go out doing what you like. After all, what's going out and creating anarchy going to get you? World is already facing the end, and it becomes a meaningless gesture.

As far as the game...
shubla wrote: if you like the game, why stop playing even if the end is coming? You won't get paid, so there is no reason to play the game if you don't like it.

Events are like this are able to add some *fun* to the game, allow you to do something you'd not otherwise risk (like fight 50 bats at once). Maybe you'll learn something in the process.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby abt79 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:52 pm

edit: they had some very tasty loot in "Conundrum," wonder if a certain shelled mollusk still only has palis around his stronghold
Last edited by abt79 on Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
abt79

Postby elithe4th » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:03 am

shubla wrote:But why. You support the harmful thought of world resets meaning that one should stop playing by doing stuff like this! Instead of just playing normally till the end, which is rationaal.

now THIS is autism.
elithe4th

Postby Sevenless » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:13 am

I've come to the theory that shubla cycles with the worlds. The day haven stops needing resets is the day shubla behaves for the rest of his life.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby GamingRAM » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:16 am

O dear
Attachments
hot.png
hot.png (110.49 KiB) Viewed 956 times
World 12: Quit at some point.
World 11: Community Fair Worker
World 10: Co-Founder of the Northern Kingdom, Resident of Emerald City, Founder and Mayor of the Hole of Glory, RamZ's Art Emporium at CF, Member of the CFL Rams.
World 9: Founder of SnoopVille, Resident of Emerald City
World 7: Hermit and Neighbor to a dead Korean
GamingRAM

Postby shubla » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:29 am

MagicManICT wrote:Events are like this are able to add some *fun* to the game, allow you to do something you'd not otherwise risk (like fight 50 bats at once). Maybe you'll learn something in the process.

Well yes but my point was mainly to point out that people should play the game because they like playing the game, the actual gameplay and journey, everyday activities. And announcement of reset should not affect that will to play in any way. If it affects, that means that those persons probably have some big flaw in their logic, because what motivates them to play if not the playing/journey itself? Some big achievement that they have imagined they will do? It is well known that currently worlds don't last very long, so it shouldn't be a surprise either.

Whatever the reason to STOP playing because of reset is probably an indication that the person does not have very healthy relationship with reasons for playing the game.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Finigini » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:58 am

abt79 wrote:...wonder if a certain shelled mollusk still only has palis around his stronghold

I am also curious.
Finigini

Postby MightySheep » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:02 am

how does shubla always manage to have the worst, most retarded take on every topic ever

its actually an impressive talent
MightySheep

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements