Game Development: World 13

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: World 13

Postby loftar » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:29 pm

kirion wrote:Try the Java JDK 11, 64 bits version : https://www.oracle.com/ca-en/java/techn ... loads.html You'll need an oracle account but that's a minor inconvenience.

In that case, I would recommend JDK 15 instead. It does not require an account, it does have performance improvements, and I don't think it has any known issues.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby kirion » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:46 pm

Huh, didn't knew the v15 worked. Good to know.
kirion

Postby Stoneface » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:59 pm

There is also a program that will help restore association of jar files with Java that worked for me, called Jarfix, I tried everything under the sun before using it and it fixed my issue. Definitely one to check out if it opens and immediately closes with no errors.
Stoneface

Postby Jackwolf » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:28 am

Really good improvement on how metalworking scales now, if scales how I'm starting to suspect!

Iron seems to be a LOT more common now, but no one has been able to make a proper smelter yet.

Given that no one I know has been able to get their hands on soft metal, I'm suspecting that to make a smelter you'll need soft metals now. which means they'll be a LOT more important in the scheme of raising metal ql, which creates a whole new dynamic in metal working.
Beezer12Washingbeard: If poo mechanics were implemented, mercury could cure constipation wounds
magisticus: Most of us avoid making jokes like this because there is always a risk Loftar might think it's a good idea and we all have to re-design our villages for sewerage. -6/29/17
Jackwolf

Postby Undefined » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:23 pm

Smelter recipe is now 35 Bricks, 10 stones, 3 Hard Metal
Primitive smelter can't make iron, so smelters are walled behind finding tin and copper... Which seem pretty easy to find this world.
Undefined

Postby Uriel » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:13 pm

Jackwolf wrote:Really good improvement on how metalworking scales now, if scales how I'm starting to suspect!

Iron seems to be a LOT more common now, but no one has been able to make a proper smelter yet.

Given that no one I know has been able to get their hands on soft metal, I'm suspecting that to make a smelter you'll need soft metals now. which means they'll be a LOT more important in the scheme of raising metal ql, which creates a whole new dynamic in metal working.

Aye, great work devs!
Uriel

Postby NeoBasilisk » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:29 am

It is kind of neat how you have go through a bronze age (brief though it may be) before you enter the iron age. A bit more historically accurate.
NeoBasilisk

Postby Uriel » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:57 am

NeoBasilisk wrote:It is kind of neat how you have go through a bronze age (brief though it may be) before you enter the iron age. A bit more historically accurate.

So... make iron on lvl 2+ or 3+ :)
Uriel

Postby Scarikas » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:15 am

Appears that questgivers now give you additional rewards like lessening your hunger and, as of the one I just got, increasing local boar quality by 1, which is pretty cool.

Also in the last world I could not find tin for a very long time and never found Copper at all. I found iron first. Kind of disappointing that it's now locked behind another tech branch.
Scarikas

Postby Jackwolf » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:30 am

Scarikas wrote:Appears that questgivers now give you additional rewards like lessening your hunger and, as of the one I just got, increasing local boar quality by 1, which is pretty cool.

This has been around since as early as World 10 I believe!
Beezer12Washingbeard: If poo mechanics were implemented, mercury could cure constipation wounds
magisticus: Most of us avoid making jokes like this because there is always a risk Loftar might think it's a good idea and we all have to re-design our villages for sewerage. -6/29/17
Jackwolf

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements