Game Development: World 13

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: World 13

Postby mulamishne » Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:20 pm

None of the markets that Snail has done an audit for was compromised (except for something like the owners quitting an it running out of auth), so it sounds like bias to me ¦]

But even if you don't wanna go with Snail, there's a dozen other factiony boys who play the game with some level of competency who'd be happy to give it a once over.
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby LtTurtleshot » Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:47 pm

And there I was, playing without a palisade in Whatever Realm and never got raided. Anyone was welcome to my claim! Take my cheese and metal bars and interact with me! :)
I got some creamy cocks in the back too!

No sarcasm.
LtTurtleshot

Postby WowGain » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:59 am

VDZ wrote:wah im a big crybaby

you have literally never interacted with him before in-game once.
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:23 am

They're not wrong, there are probably a lot of people in factions who would do security audits, however, Snail isn't one I would trust with it. I believe he would do a great job if he was trying to but it would be hard to trust that he wouldn't fuck you over or something opposed to like almost any other faction member LUL. I think generally there are only a few scummers in each faction so as long as they avoid the obvious ones they'd be OKAY.
ChildhoodObesity

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:28 am

lmao I literally helped your girlfriend with the security of her market

You know I've hat or died/hat or sieged at least triple digit hats and there's literally zero examples of me going back on my word. You even know about cases where I dislike the people I made the deal with like djmod, or cases like with the monke coronation stone being moved to casuals after an agreement. Still never gone back on my word. The thing you do where you can't conceive a reality where anybody you dislike isn't biased and morally inferior is very cringe and not at all based!

Anyway, pls contact SnuggleSnail#4105 for all of your protection services and security audit needs :mrgreen:
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:22 am

jorb wrote:Can someone point to a game with a good end game?

Old School Runescape has a very good end game. I think the main thing that makes it so good is there are so many different avenues that could be the end game for you. If you don't like doing one thing you're completely free to ignore it, but there's 12 other things you might like.

Trading
Getting needlessly rich in OSRS is pretty fun. Sometimes I login /just/ to buy and resell stuff for gold I'm not even going to use. I think a lot of people are similarly genetically predisposed to speculate and autistically pine over stock markets/auction houses/trade hubs. I did it a lot in world 10 with community fair, and I know a decent number of other people did as well. I could see that being the sole reason I login daily for years if there's an active market. Similar for collecting hats.

Unlike runescape I don't think haven really supports this well. For the first few months of a world trading relies entirely on manually moving shit across the entire map and actively talking to people on discord. MAYBE if it's a good world only 3/4ths of the starting playerbase will have quit by the time an actual market springs up, if one springs up at all. I would say the 'trader' end game has been kinda dead since like world 10 and likely not coming back without dev support.

Collecting cosmetics/random bullshit
Here's the collection log from runescape. These are pets, and they all have absurdly low drop rates. Getting the bloodhound pet takes ~1,600 hours on average when playing efficiently. They don't do shit, they're just cosmetic, but they're a giant flex. A lot of people's entire end game revolves around grinding out these pets or similar collection log slots.

Haven is a little different in that there are character wipes, so absurdly rare collectables are a bit less appealing (although I have fun getting golden eggs/talking whales/old boots every world), but if you rly wanted I doubt it'd be much dev time to add similar meta progression that works across worlds for players. Even if it's just like a 1/10,000 chance to get a new hairstyle from a lore event when you have the mystic perk, or an emote 1/10,000 of the time when cutting a tree/fishing or whatever the fuck. Any cool cosmetic flex that could be account bound across worlds could be a tiny amount of dev time for a huge amount of content for the people who're into it.

Highscores
https://secure.runescape.com/m=hiscore_ ... ol/overall

High scores in runescape aren't really my thing, but I'm just an uber casual there. Lalaxx told me not long ago he thought he killed more people than me, and TBH it made me feel kinda competitive and made me wanna login to slaughter some plebs. I could see competing for some autistic high score being my entire reason for playing in the end game. Even if it's something more kosher and lame than kill quantity, I'm sure there's something the plebs would like to compete over like highest village authority, most gold coins of a certain type minted, most fish caught, most dirt moved - whatever would be cool. It could be some people's entire end game.

Speedrunning
Another thing that could be somebody's entire end game in runescape is speedrunning. There are lots of supported speed kills/runs tracked by leaderboards in game, ex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui6Ti-6DHL8

I guess there's less potential for this in haven than in runescape... But public leaderboards for things like fastest solo dungeon completion could certainly keep me entertained for at least a few weeks. Something to actually push them to tryhard, artifically raising the skill/mastery of content by making it a time trial not a win/lose boolean. It could be some people's entire end game.

PVP
I'm not rly the best PVPer in OSRS, I don't rly wanna comment on it too much because the influence PVP can have as an end game is kinda obvious. What I would point out is what I consider to be kinda ?misguided? support from the dev for PVP in haven. I'm not gonna say you guys don't listen to PVPers or whatever, I think you guys are down to support it - but I don't think you guys understand the PVP /atmosphere/ well enough to really judge what people want or need.

We're on day 2433 of vanilla client not having a drink keybind when drinking is unironically more important in PVP than combat moves. That must sound like such bad hyperbole from an outside perspective but it's 100% sincere. Its been /years/ since there has been a viable public PVP client. It is no exaggeration to say you should not even attempt to try H&H PVP without a client dev or multiple in your village.

Another small but kinda telling example of you guys not really knowing enough about PVP to make it fun is the recent sword buffs/addition of skiis/sleds. I assume you know why by now, but it rly does feel bad as a pvpboi to see you guys arbitrarily change the entire game with regard to PVP then just leave it in a broken or unfun state for months/years. If you're playing this game for PVP as an end game this is the kind of thing that will 1000% scare you away forever.

Just socializing / hanging out / flexing
Don't think I rly need to elaborate on the title but please give us a global chat not moderated by retards & a safe space for larpers to just hang out/autistic to flex their expensive hats and meteor rings. I really think something should've been learned from community fair's success, and the universal love balder's bra got (pre-chat ban bot) for being functionally a global chat.

I don't even want this shit /that much/, but I've met so many casual larpers to whom realm chat/hanging out at markets basically is their end game. I've also seen them quit in droves when a random shitter realm claims over them and they lose their ability to socialize. It's such untapped potential it makes me sad.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
SnuggleSnail

Postby jordancoles » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:32 am

I'll be really disappointed if they wipe with only the 'new' questing system and no dev market/Boston-like area
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby LtTurtleshot » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:53 am

My biggest flex last world was I learned how to play Ocarina of Time's Lost Woods Theme on an instrument. People were legit impressed when I did that meeting them. We need more social things to flex with besides money hats.

Achievements would be nice, emotes too. Rare horse/animals colors besides black/grey/brown/white. Anything with a visible appeal.

This map is just way too big to make interactions between people a daily thing. It's not even that fun to travel around it right now because I know I won't see people. As an MMO this game is seriously lacking in terms of interactions between players besides trade and killing each other.

Make charisma a useful stat to have to create in game events, even build upon whats already there. Use localized ressources as a "party plaza" where people can agglomerate and the more people there is the better buffs you get. A ritualistic cow sacrifice at an istanlul, put a tar kiln on fire, a huge feast at fairy mushroom, learn music at cave organs, etc. Create in-game player generated events.

I guess that could be abused by bots, but maybe we can make 1-2 connections per IP adress a thing. I dunno.

The game is already extensive enough in terms of crafting, but it requires happenings, interactivity and events.

Btw I love this game from the bottom of my heart, been playing since W3 and I think all updates brought new and refreshing things. I'd just like more player-player positive interactions reinforced by game mechanics.
LtTurtleshot

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:27 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:lmao I literally helped your girlfriend with the security of her market

You know I've hat or died/hat or sieged at least triple digit hats and there's literally zero examples of me going back on my word. You even know about cases where I dislike the people I made the deal with like djmod, or cases like with the monke coronation stone being moved to casuals after an agreement. Still never gone back on my word. The thing you do where you can't conceive a reality where anybody you dislike isn't biased and morally inferior is very cringe and not at all based!

Anyway, pls contact SnuggleSnail#4105 for all of your protection services and security audit needs :mrgreen:

I mean I honestly don't know of any of these examples you just provided (i imagine they both happened after I stopped playing as much) but I do know that there are a lot of cases where you're completely trustworthy and a lot where you're not. I mean you went back on your agreement with those shitters at the start of the world like 5 times killing them over and over again and breaking all their shit and then killed an ally in W11 (i forget their name but it was a big meme). As I said above I think you'd be great at actually securing a village (I'd argue you'd be the best in the game at it). In regards to TRUST though I think a lot of random people would have a hard time trusting you, even the pictures VDZ posted looked pretty bad. That's not to say you're ENTIRELY untrustworthy but do you genuinely believe you're more trustworthy/honest than MOST other people in the game?
ChildhoodObesity

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:50 am

It wasn't even me who started raiding them after they moved. You know who it was. You were there. I covered for them because I care less about a bad reputation. You agreed it was a good idea to raid them at the time xd altho I guess admittedly once the raiding started I was pretty happy to join in. Prolly the scummiest thing I've done by my standards, but they were going to get fucked regardless of if I helped or not

There was never a single piece of evidence I killed dorag. I didn't even have rage world 11. The screenshots of him dying had more people than all of Trix Town. The scents didn't even point vaguely in the direction of my village.

ChildhoodObesity wrote:That's not to say you're ENTIRELY untrustworthy but do you genuinely believe you're more trustworthy/honest than MOST other people in the game?

Depends on your standards I guess. I don't consider saying "haha it's me Trollex give party perms pls", or "hey get in my boat" with no context to be a shitty thing to do at all. With regard to actual deals especially ones involving hats I have one of the best track records of any factionboi
SnuggleSnail

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements