Game Development: World 13

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: World 13

Postby MadNomad » Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:58 am

LtTurtleshot wrote:You can self-challenge to not loot player bases and play this as a "fresh world".

no, let's ruin your gameplay instead ¦]
MadNomad

Postby Halbertz » Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:58 am

MadNomad wrote:how do you do everything as efficiently as possible? calculate perfect optimal hearthling paths to click at in your mind having seconds to do so?
the reality is that it is incredibly hard to do everything perfectly efficiently
not only this, you have to spend countless hours every day and still you will end up having tons of things to do, such as farming beetroots(and you have to harvest all other types of crop, gotta harvest 'em all), or killing hundreds of bats per week, 10 mammoths per week, mining tons of silver for your menhirs, sneaking into every localised resource that you need before someone else does it, making 50 bone glue so you can buy q300 sword or pickaxe from the market, getting tons of credos on multiple characters(I thought people complained about credos), finding high quality feldspar, etc.
there are countless numbers of more examples, but I do not know if I have time to write them all! it's as if you didn't play the game!
this is the perspective of average HnH sprucecap, so most of players

I see that such a simple concept as the division of labor causes difficulties for you. Let me explain in simple terms.
Factions are large villages and/or several large villages. Each of them plays 5-10-30-50 people. The village has a certain leadership that sets the main vector of development. For example: you are a hunter. All you do is go boating and kill bears and moose, record spots. From time to time you come to the miners and ask them to give you a better sword so that you can kill bears faster. When the same miners find water underground, you put a twink or a bot there to check the quality of the anglers. A little later, when they build you good knarr, you swim on it and look for whales (or your bot does it). If you have a partner, or a lot of free time, you can also check mammoths or kill trolls.
This all sounds like an acceptable to-do list for one person. Since you only do this, then you and the characters are sharpened for this. That is, you do your job quickly and efficiently.
The butt licking argument speaks of your ignorance.
spaceships will not be implemented to hafen, find some good example instead!

If you weren't ignorant again, you would know that the games are SUDDENLY very similar despite the different setting.
Halbertz

Postby MadNomad » Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:01 pm

Halbertz wrote:I see that such a simple concept as the division of labor causes difficulties for you. Let me explain in simple terms.
Factions are large villages and/or several large villages. Each of them plays 5-10-30-50 people. The village has a certain leadership that sets the main vector of development. For example: you are a hunter. All you do is go boating and kill bears and moose, record spots. From time to time you come to the miners and ask them to give you a better sword so that you can kill bears faster. When the same miners find water underground, you put a twink or a bot there to check the quality of the anglers. A little later, when you build a hora knarr, you swim on it and look for whales (or your bot does it). If you have a partner, or a lot of free time, you can also check mammoths or kill trolls.
This all sounds like an acceptable to-do list for one person. Since you only do this, then you and the characters are sharpened for this. That is, you do your job quickly and efficiently.

I was not talking about this, I was talking about trying to play as a hermit without any help of any other person and without bots, please learn to read with understanding!
MadNomad

Postby Halbertz » Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:03 pm

MadNomad wrote:
Halbertz wrote:I see that such a simple concept as the division of labor causes difficulties for you. Let me explain in simple terms.
Factions are large villages and/or several large villages. Each of them plays 5-10-30-50 people. The village has a certain leadership that sets the main vector of development. For example: you are a hunter. All you do is go boating and kill bears and moose, record spots. From time to time you come to the miners and ask them to give you a better sword so that you can kill bears faster. When the same miners find water underground, you put a twink or a bot there to check the quality of the anglers. A little later, when you build a hora knarr, you swim on it and look for whales (or your bot does it). If you have a partner, or a lot of free time, you can also check mammoths or kill trolls.

I was not talking about this, I was talking about trying to play as a hermit without any help of any other person and without bots, please learn to read with understanding!

May be you should chop both of your hands IRL to live like handicapped person? What the point of doing everything bad?
Halbertz

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:07 pm

MadNomad wrote:
how do you do everything as efficiently as possible? calculate perfect optimal hearthling paths to click at in your mind having seconds to do so?

the reality is that it is incredibly hard to do everything perfectly efficiently

not only this, you have to spend countless hours every day and still you will end up having tons of things to do, such as farming beetroots(and you have to harvest all other types of crop, gotta harvest 'em all), or killing hundreds of bats per week, 10 mammoths per week, mining tons of silver for your menhirs, sneaking into every localised resource that you need before someone else does it, making 50 bone glue so you can buy q300 sword or pickaxe from the market, getting tons of credos on multiple characters(I thought people complained about credos), finding high quality feldspar, etc.

there are countless numbers of more examples, but I do not know if I have time to write them all! it's as if you didn't play the game!

this is the perspective of average HnH sprucecap, so most of players

obviously i'm exaggerating when i say "as efficiently as possible" but the reality is that faction level players are a lot better at knowing what needs to be done in what way and order to get the necessary results as fast as possible. hundreds of bats per week, 10 mammoths a week, (most crops don't actually matter for progressing past sprucecap level). man you have no idea what you're talking about. i'm 99% sure i have more time than anyone in the game and all of it for the most part is without bots and a decent amount playing as a hermit or in smaller villages. judging by the examples you're giving it's extremely clear you have no idea of what actually needs to be done in this game to progress past sprucecap level. anyone can do it and not even with an insane amount of effort if you simply know how to play the game well (you clearly do not).
ChildhoodObesity

Postby MadNomad » Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:15 pm

ChildhoodObesity wrote:judging by the examples you're giving it's extremely clear you have no idea of what actually needs to be done in this game

those are very good examples! each person has their own ideals of what needs to be done, and things that one person needs are not equal to things another person needs!
MadNomad

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:20 pm

MadNomad wrote:
ChildhoodObesity wrote:judging by the examples you're giving it's extremely clear you have no idea of what actually needs to be done in this game

those are very good examples! each person has their own ideals of what needs to be done, and things that one person needs are not equal to things another person needs!

that makes no sense in the context of progressing past sprucecap level. it makes sense why people spam shut up retard at you. you're just a noob trolling the forums necroing threads from 6 years ago.
ChildhoodObesity

Postby MadNomad » Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:23 pm

ChildhoodObesity wrote:that makes no sense in the context of progressing past sprucecap level

various ingame things, such as bat wings, crop quality, and realm buffs help to progress in game!

if you do not study a lot of weak curios, you will not have enough stats to craft good curios
Last edited by MadNomad on Sun May 01, 2022 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
MadNomad

Postby sky_puh » Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:03 pm

jorb wrote:
ZoddAlmighty wrote:2. No real end game.

Can someone point to a game with a good end game?

ultima online =)
sky_puh

Postby SinJin » Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:25 pm

jorb wrote:
ZoddAlmighty wrote:2. No real end game.

Can someone point to a game with a good end game?

Good point.
SinJin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements