Game Development: Colorful Crucible

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Colorful Crucible

Postby Mr_Bober » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:26 pm

jorb wrote:[*] Moose can aggro and are occasionally lethal.

This should have been highlighted, it's a very important (and potentially lethal) change!
Mr_Bober

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:27 pm

Morrighan wrote:As a Canadian having some real life experience with moose, I have something to say. Moose are usually only aggressive when in rut during mating season. Like any other animal, they are protective of their young but we never see any young with wild animals in Haven, except chickens. Honestly, moose are not smart and certainly not aggressive by nature. When I see a moose in the bush, I'm not concerned. When I see a dumb ass moose running out of the ditch at my car, I am concerned. In my humble opinion a moose that agros' a player does not feel right to me. I ask you to reconsider this change.

Fellow Canadian here, can confirm 100%

I've had moose run infront of my car, or next to it for kilometers - this is scary.

I've also had moose wander and trip over my lawn like gigantic retard oafs and follow my dog up to my front door trotting like an 8 ton pony.

In my experience I have actually had more aggressive close encounters with DEER. They have seasonal aggressive patterns too but are often in bigger packs, near young, territorial and smaller, so more likely to acknowledge you as a threat. I've had deer stomp the ground and challenge me many times, but never a moose.
Zentetsuken

Postby FrankMcFuzz » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:28 pm

satinembers wrote:
Morrighan wrote:As a Canadian having some real life experience with moose, I have something to say. Moose are usually only aggressive when in rut during mating season. Like any other animal, they are protective of their young but we never see any young with wild animals in Haven, except chickens. Honestly, moose are not smart and certainly not aggressive by nature. When I see a moose in the bush, I'm not concerned. When I see a dumb ass moose running out of the ditch at my car, I am concerned. In my humble opinion a moose that agros' a player does not feel right to me. I ask you to reconsider this change.

Ooh how about baby wild animals, that are weaker with lower quality material that adults are protective of.

It technically becomes another swarm creature, like wolves and cave lice, which are usually a hermit no go zone due to the way openings work against multiple opponents. But I think this would be good if seasonal, especially since hermits might have the stats to take 'em by fall or Year 2 spring.
FrankMcFuzz

Postby TheTylerLee » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:30 pm

When are these changes live?

Edit: Changing the early game is a big deal right now
Discord: XiliX#2791
TheTylerLee

Postby loleznub » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:31 pm

TheTylerLee wrote:When are these changes live?

Go hug a moose and find out
loleznub

Postby deflegmator » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:33 pm

and if you climb into the den, you can meet a bear there
deflegmator

Postby jorb » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:35 pm

There was a case in Sweden a few years back with a dead woman. Husband was investigated for murder seven ways 'til sunday until they ran DNA on some saliva they found on her, and found out that she'd been mauled by a moose. No clue what the seasonality circumstances were. She'd been out jogging.

I met one in the forest once, and, idk. We were both chill, but I walked away from the encounter with some determination.

They are less aggressive than boars, fwiw.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby talon00302 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:40 pm

Nice hat
talon00302

Postby shubla » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:41 pm

jorb wrote:There was a case in Sweden ... woman mauled by a moose.

Have you thought that most animals, including rabbits can get rabid and suddenly come bite you ? Must be many cases of this in Sweden too occasionally happening, perhaps its time to add small chance for aggressiveness to all mammals at least ¦] If you are now adding stuff based on singular exceptional cases and swedish news articles.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Soukuw » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:52 pm

Literally told my brother this morning I wasn't going near a moose because I don't trust like that. "Oh no they don't aggro"

Clearly a good decision.
Soukuw

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements