Game Development: Provincial Oven

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Provincial Oven

Postby shubla » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:58 pm

VDZ wrote:
VDZ wrote:Does Swamp Fever give an unlisted INT penalty? The old description noted it gave -1 INT but this is not listed in the new description. My swamp alt currently has -6 INT; 5 is from Asphyxiation, but there's nothing listed that would give an INT debuff.

Asphyxiation has healed, only Swamp Fever is left, no other wounds. Still -1 INT. Not sure if it's a static -1 or if it's relative like the others (my swamp alt only has 11 INT).

I get some int penalty from it as well, I've had swamp fever since it was nerfed, it has not healed even though I have slept the nights with full energy.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby VDZ » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:20 am

Swamp Fever has healed, INT penalty is gone. Swamp Fever still gives INT penalty despite its description saying it doesn't.
VDZ

Postby jorb » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:51 am

Slowwalker wrote:And yet, Jorb, how did you manage to add the treatment of a new disease to the elementary components without breaking the entire alchemical table of this world?

The intention was always for that to be possible. We just reassign a subset of the effects when we need space for a new wound, so some ingredients change, but not all.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Sevenless » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:42 pm

jorb wrote:
Slowwalker wrote:And yet, Jorb, how did you manage to add the treatment of a new disease to the elementary components without breaking the entire alchemical table of this world?

The intention was always for that to be possible. We just reassign a subset of the effects when we need space for a new wound, so some ingredients change, but not all.

I look forward to this ruining my potions by changing the wound type from mild to horrendous.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Previous

Return to Announcements