Game Development: Provincial Oven

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Provincial Oven

Postby Liss12 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:28 pm

Sevenless wrote:
As such, rather than hindering botters, it actually helps them.

It's really the net same in terms of normal player vs botter. The difference is instead of infinite they have a limited amount (pretty critical for curio balancing), with a proportional reduction for normal players as well.

Either way, something about the system has changed. Glimmer moss don't seem to be free from the pool, but they also seem much more available in a consistent spawnrate for me. Early world when most people couldn't see them it was 5-15 glimmer per cavern search, now it's 0-3. Compared to past world where you'd simply never see them.

Pools should be localized, rly. So nobody could just farm them endlessly standing on the same spot in their own mine, but has to actively search for them in remote parts of the world. This would fix every problem we currently have with pools.
Liss12

Postby Agrik » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:32 pm

jorb wrote:made the debuff a low percentage value.
Can more effects of wounds be changed to percentage debuffs? Perhaps, with percentages depending on wound/MHP ratio. This way wounds will be less devastating for newbies and become somehow noticeable for top grinders.
Agrik

Postby Sevenless » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:04 pm

Yep, we have a nice glimmie cave and see them quite consistently.

There's been rumours in our contacts that the global pool is closer to the local pool suggestion that a couple peopler were talking about. Basically instead of a huge global pool, there are a bunch of smaller ones. So if you don't live in a botted area, you have reasonable access. I'm living out of the way from major factions.

Just anecdotes, but I do have a constant if smallish supply of glimmies.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby VDZ » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:14 pm

Sevenless wrote:Yep, we have a nice glimmie cave and see them quite consistently.

There's been rumours in our contacts that the global pool is closer to the local pool suggestion that a couple peopler were talking about. Basically instead of a huge global pool, there are a bunch of smaller ones. So if you don't live in a botted area, you have reasonable access. I'm living out of the way from major factions.

Just anecdotes, but I do have a constant if smallish supply of glimmies.

I just went to check again just to make sure, but again zero Glimmermoss. I live in a low-population area and that specific cave is blocked off with claims on the inside (so I'd see scents if others manage to vandalize their way in) so it's highly unlikely it's a 'local pool' issue (unless said pool covers a massive area). I got 2-5 glimmers per visit in that same cave earlier this world.
VDZ

Postby jordancoles » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:20 pm

So I went from visiting a swamp every 20-30 minutes to not entering them at all

Nice one
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Archiplex » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:21 pm

jordancoles wrote:So I went from visiting a swamp every 20-30 minutes to not entering them at all

Nice one

eh, it's not that bad anymore. i've been looping swamps for the past hour and basically kissing midges (12+ wounds) and haven't gotten it yet, and apparently it's not that bad at all anymore anyways
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby jordancoles » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:23 pm

Archiplex wrote:
jordancoles wrote:So I went from visiting a swamp every 20-30 minutes to not entering them at all

Nice one

eh, it's not that bad anymore. i've been looping swamps for the past hour and basically kissing midges (12+ wounds) and haven't gotten it yet, and apparently it's not that bad at all anymore anyways

-2.5% AGI is pretty bad just for being in a certain area for a few minutes

Haven and Alts I guess
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Archiplex » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:28 pm

jordancoles wrote:
Archiplex wrote:

Nice one

-2.5% AGI is pretty bad just for being in a certain area for a few minutes

Haven and Alts I guess

but you can only have one wound of it (i believe) and with the reduced damage it can go away pretty quickly.

i mean idk i'm the one here with 12 beestings because i want wax and dont care about tiny -1 agi's
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby overtyped » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:39 pm

I got swamp fever riding my horse through a swamp... Am i going to die dad?
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby wolf1000wolf » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:50 pm

overtyped wrote:I got swamp fever riding my horse through a swamp... Am i going to die dad?

Mein Sohn, es ist ein Nebelstreif.
wolf1000wolf

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements