Game Development: Provincial Oven

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Provincial Oven

Postby Audiosmurf » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:54 pm

I went out and caught it right away on purpose, it stopped at 4 damage, and then was gone in like 45 minutes or something.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby shubla » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:57 pm

Audiosmurf wrote:I went out and caught it right away on purpose, it stopped at 4 damage, and then was gone in like 45 minutes or something.

Interesting, I have had one since the restart (so a few hours at least?) and its been only increasing, maybe slower now than befor.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Audiosmurf » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:00 am

shubla wrote:
Audiosmurf wrote:I went out and caught it right away on purpose, it stopped at 4 damage, and then was gone in like 45 minutes or something.

Interesting, I have had one since the restart (so a few hours at least?) and its been only increasing, maybe slower now than befor.

I made a point of staring at my wounds and teleporting the moment I got infected. Did you spend further time in swamp after contracting?
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Reiber » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:53 am

VDZ wrote:
Sevenless wrote:
As such, rather than hindering botters, it actually helps them.

It's really the net same in terms of normal player vs botter. The difference is instead of infinite they have a limited amount (pretty critical for curio balancing), with a proportional reduction for normal players as well.

Either way, something about the system has changed. Glimmer moss don't seem to be free from the pool, but they also seem much more available in a consistent spawnrate for me. Early world when most people couldn't see them it was 5-15 glimmer per cavern search, now it's 0-3. Compared to past world where you'd simply never see them.

Really? At the start of the world I saw tons of them and I'm not sure if I've seen a single Glimmermoss at all since the global pool kicked in.

Pretty much that for pearls,glimmer and all else, first week oure village just got intoo the nearest cave and picked up an glimmermoss, and 5 people dropped around 6 pearls in one day,

for the last 10 days none of us has found anything
Reiber

Postby Amelor » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:42 am

What? There is a global pool of loot? I tried to find glimmermoss for the quest, spent entire saturday straight wandering inside the caves, but have found zero. And you're telling me there is a hidden pool of items? Meaning that some tryhard botter can just reap it all in first week and I'm getting shit on because of this poor design?
Amelor

Postby Uriel » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:09 am

Amelor wrote:What? There is a global pool of loot? I tried to find glimmermoss for the quest, spent entire saturday straight wandering inside the caves, but have found zero. And you're telling me there is a hidden pool of items? Meaning that some tryhard botter can just reap it all in first week and I'm getting shit on because of this poor design?

Aye, unless someone diapose of item from pool (crafting, study etc.) You wont find any more ;)
Ps. Items from pools in quest/credos are not good thing for us.
Uriel

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:14 am

Uriel wrote:Aye, unless someone diapose of item from pool (crafting, study etc.) You wont find any more ;)

sauce?
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Uriel » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:50 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:
Uriel wrote:Aye, unless someone diapose of item from pool (crafting, study etc.) You wont find any more ;)

sauce?

Personal experiance. Onother theory is that pool gives only x spawn on x time. JLo never really expalined it.
Uriel

Postby GaraDasha » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:29 pm

So a sadistic person can stack these goods in a cupboard and make people suffer while they search for goods. Is this true? If so, why am I not surprised dear DEVS?
GaraDasha

Postby VDZ » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:59 pm

GaraDasha wrote:So a sadistic person can stack these goods in a cupboard and make people suffer while they search for goods.

Or more likely, they just hoard it for trade value. I know I'm not studying mine because I value them more as trade goods. But I doubt number of items of the type in existence in the world is related to how many are in the global pool.
VDZ

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements