DevStream 2021-04-30, 19:00 UTC

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: DevStream 2021-04-30, 19:00 UTC

Postby shubla » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:55 pm

be fun

If your definition of fun is that people copypaste same question 5 times, cluttering the chat before jorb sees it ok bro, but I think you're very very wrong here.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby wafflecat » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:06 am

Awesome
wafflecat

Postby Pills » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:01 am

shubla wrote:
be fun

If your definition of fun is that people copypaste same question 5 times, cluttering the chat before jorb sees it ok bro, but I think you're very very wrong here.

Most people think you're wrong 99% of the time. So yknow, maybe he's onto something
Pills

Postby VDZ » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:03 am

shubla wrote:Because otherwise the chat is full of people just copypasting the same question until they get an answer to it, happened in many previous streams and is a bit silly.

I have to say this annoys me as well. I don't agree with Shubla's suggestion of not using the chat to communicate with the devs, but the constant copypaste spam makes it feel pointless to type anything - it will be drowned out by spam anyways, and the only way to actually get your message to be readable would be to join them in spamming, which would only make matters worse. As a result, I rarely bother even trying, and whenever I do write something I immediately get reminded that it's pointless as it's bumped off-screen in mere seconds by people copypasting the same thing over and over again.
VDZ

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:17 am

Welcome to unmoderated Twitch streaming. It's always been terrible, but it just seems to have gotten worse the last year or so no matter what game dev I'm trying to watch. Thing is, some of that is actually against the Twitch TOS for users, but it seems like it is barely enforced. Just to note,

https://www.twitch.tv/p/en/legal/community-guidelines/ wrote:Spam, Scams, and Other Malicious Conduct

Any content or activity that disrupts, interrupts, harms, or otherwise violates the integrity of Twitch services or another user’s experience or devices is prohibited. Such activity includes:

• Posting large amounts of repetitive, unwanted messages or user reports

Where exactly they've drawn the line at with some of the chats, I can't say. Maybe it's up to the streamers and users to file complaints, maybe it's up to the streamers to remove the offending posters. I've not dug that deep into Twitch's moderation guidelines. There is definitely the rules to justify removing those that just want to clutter chat.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:31 am

vry cool jorb
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Procne » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:05 pm

VDZ wrote:
shubla wrote:Because otherwise the chat is full of people just copypasting the same question until they get an answer to it, happened in many previous streams and is a bit silly.

I have to say this annoys me as well. I don't agree with Shubla's suggestion of not using the chat to communicate with the devs, but the constant copypaste spam makes it feel pointless to type anything - it will be drowned out by spam anyways, and the only way to actually get your message to be readable would be to join them in spamming, which would only make matters worse. As a result, I rarely bother even trying, and whenever I do write something I immediately get reminded that it's pointless as it's bumped off-screen in mere seconds by people copypasting the same thing over and over again.

isn't it possible to add cooldowns to chat? Like 1 message per 30 seconds?
Procne

Postby shubla » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:58 pm

Procne wrote:
VDZ wrote:

isn't it possible to add cooldowns to chat? Like 1 message per 30 seconds?

I don't think that helps at all, people will still spam their message even with cooldown if devs dont read it fast enough.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
shubla

Postby Schwarzvald » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:12 pm

Why is this always done on Twitch?

Stream on youtube and enable it so that only people who pay for superchats get their messages read/displayed. This would eliminate the spam and earn you more revenue.
Schwarzvald

Postby shubla » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:34 pm

Schwarzvald wrote: people who pay for superchats get their messages read/displayed.

Superchats require your channel to be part of youtube partner programme, which in turn requires stuff like 1000 subscribers, 4000 public watch hours in last 12 months, manual channel content checking etc. etc. things that I'm pretty sure the jorb's channel lacks.
shubla

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements