Game Development: Pelican Pool

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Pelican Pool

Postby MagicManICT » Mon May 03, 2021 9:58 pm

shubla wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:I know it's a dirty word jorb, but really, there is only one word for a fix to foraging: "Nerfs" If you don't like that curio X makes up 90% of the overall use in studies during the course of a world, nerf it.

Solution for people wanting more glimmers is to make glimmers so shit that people do not want them? Im not sure if thats a very good idea.

Yes, because the only possibility is the opposite of overpowered--total shit. Fuck off.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby shubla » Mon May 03, 2021 11:02 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Yes, because the only possibility is the opposite of overpowered--total shit. Fuck off.

Well yeah they could be nerfed a bit only, I guess that could work as well. But then there is of course the problem of forageables not scaling well for the end game.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Schwarzvald » Mon May 03, 2021 11:02 pm

MagicManICT wrote:I know it's a dirty word jorb, but really, there is only one word for a fix to foraging: "Nerfs" If you don't like that curio X makes up 90% of the overall use in studies during the course of a world, nerf it.
^This but with the condition that they become more common. Glimmermoss as a thatching material is under-utilized and incredibly rare to see.
Schwarzvald

Postby Lightning2 » Mon May 03, 2021 11:17 pm

I had no glimmermoss prior to the update. If I don't see glimmermoss now literally nothing changed. So any chance of getting it is a sign of improvement. :)
Lightning2

Postby ogey » Tue May 04, 2021 1:32 am

Are dungeons tied to pools too or was I just unlucky before? I came across 3 beaver lodges in like 20 minutes.
ogey

Postby Archiplex » Tue May 04, 2021 4:25 am

ogey wrote:Are dungeons tied to pools too or was I just unlucky before? I came across 3 beaver lodges in like 20 minutes.

IIRC theres a static amount that can exist at a time, and when one is done, another appears elsewhere
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby Uriel » Tue May 04, 2021 8:09 am

I live in area with only few players and I must say that colecting glimmermose is now fun - 2-3 on single cave exploration when doing it not to often (2 times a day). If pools now are local that change is fucking great.
Uriel

Postby jordancoles » Tue May 04, 2021 8:38 am

Uriel wrote:I live in area with only few players and I must say that colecting glimmermose is now fun - 2-3 on single cave exploration when doing it not to often (2 times a day). If pools now are local that change is fucking great.

It's almost as if global pools were a bad idea and everyone was saying it since day 1

Who could've known?

It'll be so sweet when they remove hunger 4 years from now
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby xzo » Tue May 04, 2021 9:21 am

jorb wrote:[*] Fixed a problem with the sound buffer being overloaded, causing the client to lag, especially in crowded scenes. Affected heavy pvp-scenes (lots of footstep sounds) in particular.[/list]

can you also please look into other sounds in crowded scenes, like all emote sounds ( whistling, clapping, and so on) there are still losers in this game that are running with naked alts and making all those type of noises specifically to lag the opponents
My mother told me Someday I would buy
Galley with good oars Sail to distant shores
Stand up high in the prow Noble barque I steer
Steady course for the haven Hew many foe-men,
hew many foe-men
xzo

Postby jorb » Tue May 04, 2021 1:53 pm

xzo wrote:can you also please look into other sounds in crowded scenes, like all emote sounds ( whistling, clapping, and so on) there are still losers in this game that are running with naked alts and making all those type of noises specifically to lag the opponents

The fix is not particular to particular sounds. Footsteps were just a common example.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements