Game Development: Stuffed Fireplace

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Stuffed Fireplace

Postby loskierek » Thu May 13, 2021 10:45 am

Since we got stuffing, can we get turkey and cranberries? Thanksgiving anyone? XD
loskierek

Postby Sevenless » Fri May 14, 2021 4:21 pm

loskierek wrote:Since we got stuffing, can we get turkey and cranberries? Thanksgiving anyone? XD

My salem trauma doesn't want turkeys.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby The_Lich_King » Fri May 14, 2021 8:52 pm

loskierek wrote:Since we got stuffing, can we get turkey and cranberries? Thanksgiving anyone? XD

isn't this a post best put into Critique and Ideas, but also this game doesn't go for a American setting, it goes for more of a Northern European/Russian aesthetic. If you want a game with a American Aesthetic, Salem is in the same vein as Haven and Hearth for playstyle (but more grindy and wishing for death) So shouldn't it actually be the Autumn Harvest and we should add traditional foods accordingly, like Cinnamon and various ways to use it with apple (don't know what non-Danes do for Autumn harvest and i was born in America so not sure what most of Denmark does either, but my Danish relatives and my family make things like Æbleskiver and about 50 million ways of using Cinnamon, Apple and pancake batter. Would be cool to get like Cinnamon Batter Apples such as Æbleskiver for Autumn Harvest. Also to allow us to make Apple and Berry glaze to save for Kringle when winter comes cause i need Kringle in the winter damnit)
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby magisticus » Sat May 15, 2021 11:38 am

The_Lich_King wrote:

isn't this a post best put into Critique and Ideas, but also this game doesn't go for a American setting, it goes for more of a Northern European/Russian aesthetic. If you want a game with a American Aesthetic, Salem is in the same vein as Haven and Hearth for playstyle (but more grindy and wishing for death) So shouldn't it actually be the Autumn Harvest and we should add traditional foods accordingly, like Cinnamon and various ways to use it with apple (don't know what non-Danes do for Autumn harvest and i was born in America so not sure what most of Denmark does either, but my Danish relatives and my family make things like Æbleskiver and about 50 million ways of using Cinnamon, Apple and pancake batter. Would be cool to get like Cinnamon Batter Apples such as Æbleskiver for Autumn Harvest. Also to allow us to make Apple and Berry glaze to save for Kringle when winter comes cause i need Kringle in the winter damnit)

People have been eating turkey for christmas in Europe for around 500 years. Turkeys were brought to civilisation before civilisation was shipped the other way.
magisticus

Postby The_Lich_King » Sat May 15, 2021 12:24 pm

magisticus wrote:
The_Lich_King wrote:

People have been eating turkey for christmas in Europe for around 500 years. Turkeys were brought to civilisation before civilisation was shipped the other way.

Absolutely yes, people have been eating turkey in Europe for 500 years and probably quite a bit longer, but not as part of a Autumn harvest festival, they had and have other traditional foods for such a period was my main point. Adding Turkey for the purpose of a Autumn celebration is primarily an American thing.

But also i feel like this should be shipped to Critique and Ideas if we wanted to discuss it further.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun May 16, 2021 4:51 am

boiled odd tubers for energy food is unironically top 10 updates all time
the diggers shall inherit the earth
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby jorb » Sun May 16, 2021 8:15 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:boiled odd tubers for energy food is unironically top 10 updates all time
the diggers shall inherit the earth

The high watermark of the game.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby goosebreeder » Sun May 16, 2021 8:44 pm

Dat used condoms... hey, jorb... r u ok?
goosebreeder

Postby Audiosmurf » Sun May 16, 2021 9:27 pm

All downhill from here, boys. Strap in.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Previous

Return to Announcements