Game Development: Stuffed Fireplace

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Stuffed Fireplace

Postby shubla » Mon May 10, 2021 7:26 am

"Barrel"s and "Cistern"s, and "Demijohn"s now present the full tooltip for their contents in their interfaces, including quality, food buffs, &c.

Have I misunderstood what food buffs mean, or why does Cider show no buff?
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby jorb » Mon May 10, 2021 7:35 am

Stuffing will have plenty of food buffs. Compare and contrast.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Ignurof » Mon May 10, 2021 8:43 am

Great update this week!
Very nice quality of life and big appreciation for more food stuff as it really enhances my gameplay as the village chef.
Ignurof

Postby Liss12 » Mon May 10, 2021 10:52 am

Good heavens, while more stockpilable stuff is welcomed, why stockpiles are so small!? You gotta be shitting me! Don't tell me i can fit only 35 walnuts (a biggest nut in thegame) in a wheelbarrow. There is no reason for stockpiles to be this small other than to add extra tedium to the everyday chores. There is a handy-dandy diagram to proof my point.

Make not only nuts but all stockpiles bigger except maybe for clay wood and such, those are reasonable sized. It is long awaited QoL change i'm sure everyone will be welcoming.
Attachments
Proposterous.jpg
Proposterous.jpg (37.86 KiB) Viewed 829 times
Liss12

Postby jordancoles » Mon May 10, 2021 10:59 am

The fuel quality doesn't show for troughs? It may be my custom client though
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Kaios » Mon May 10, 2021 11:20 am

Liss12 wrote:Don't tell me i can fit only 35 walnuts (a biggest nut in thegame) in a wheelbarrow.

I agree with you there, but where I disagree is that they need to be focusing on such changes at all. If you guys think adding more stockpiles is the pinnacle of quality of life changes, well, I'm not really sure how to respond to that except that there are about 1000 things that would be far better to spend time on.
Kaios

Postby Liss12 » Mon May 10, 2021 11:36 am

Kaios wrote:
Liss12 wrote:Don't tell me i can fit only 35 walnuts (a biggest nut in thegame) in a wheelbarrow.

I agree with you there, but where I disagree is that they need to be focusing on such changes at all. If you guys think adding more stockpiles is the pinnacle of quality of life changes, well, I'm not really sure how to respond to that except that there are about 1000 things that would be far better to spend time on.

Stockpile size isnt a pinnacle, but a problem that can be resolved with tweaking couple of integer variables if devs wished so.
Liss12

Postby jorb » Mon May 10, 2021 11:39 am

jordancoes wrote:The fuel quality doesn't show for troughs?

Will look at that.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby shubla » Mon May 10, 2021 11:57 am

jorb wrote:Stuffing will have plenty of food buffs. Compare and contrast.

Not sure if I would call them buffs.
I think you could make it so drink buffs would also be visible on barrels, to make it easier to choose a drink to go with your food etc..
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Liss12 » Mon May 10, 2021 12:02 pm

Talking about drinks, its unnecesary hard to tell in what exactly categories each individual meal falls to. Its rather self explanatory with sausages and meat dishes, but things such as dairy, game, forage and even bread- are quite tricky. I would love to see all corresponding categories listed in ingame food description.
Liss12

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements