Game Development: Bumble Pyre

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Bumble Pyre

Postby Agrik » Tue May 18, 2021 9:13 pm

jordancoles wrote:Larva quality doesn't matter at all for your first hives. The boards will drive up the end quality anyways
That's another question, about resources for hives and what matters there.

Maybe materials should only work as softcap. It seems more logical to have bee products based on Q of bees, like for animals.
Agrik

Postby Flameturtle » Tue May 18, 2021 10:31 pm

Love the new clay! :D
Flamturtle's Haven & Hearth 2.0 Combat Guide! http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40466 - Remade for its 5th Anniversary!
PM to Contact.
Flameturtle

Postby Xcommand » Wed May 19, 2021 1:30 pm

It's time to make that bees pay for their sins!
Xcommand

Postby VDZ » Thu May 20, 2021 8:57 pm

loftar wrote:
jordancoles wrote:Nice to have a way to reduce wounds, but 15 minutes? Why so long? Why not 30 seconds or something, like if you're waiting around for a magpie to snatch the item you dropped. 15 minutes is way too long to just stand in the woods waiting :?

In that case, we could've just as well remove the bees themselves altogether. This at least leaves a reason ever to fight them.

I just raided three beehives using the new Bough Pyres. Combined result: 1x Bee Larvae (q16), 1x Honeycomb (q16), 0.05L Honey (q16). Only 597 more for a minehole. Yeah, it's just not worth the hassle as-is right now.
VDZ

Postby MagicManICT » Thu May 20, 2021 9:53 pm

VDZ wrote:Only 597 more for a minehole. Yeah, it's just not worth the hassle as-is right now.

Jorb hates miners. I've decided that.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Archiplex » Thu May 20, 2021 10:35 pm

VDZ wrote:
loftar wrote:
jordancoles wrote:Nice to have a way to reduce wounds, but 15 minutes? Why so long? Why not 30 seconds or something, like if you're waiting around for a magpie to snatch the item you dropped. 15 minutes is way too long to just stand in the woods waiting :?

In that case, we could've just as well remove the bees themselves altogether. This at least leaves a reason ever to fight them.

I just raided three beehives using the new Bough Pyres. Combined result: 1x Bee Larvae (q16), 1x Honeycomb (q16), 0.05L Honey (q16). Only 597 more for a minehole. Yeah, it's just not worth the hassle as-is right now.

you can get a little lucky with them and pull out like 8 honeycombs

....you can also pull out 0 for several hives straight.

dunno, raiding them has never been impactful at all. i also like that smoking was added for wild hives, but not domestic ones; which are where 99% of actual beestings come from
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby reqvaa » Fri May 21, 2021 6:22 am

VDZ wrote:I just raided three beehives using the new Bough Pyres. Combined result: 1x Bee Larvae (q16), 1x Honeycomb (q16), 0.05L Honey (q16). Only 597 more for a minehole. Yeah, it's just not worth the hassle as-is right now.

Beehives are for larvae, not for wax itself, its like a tiny bonus.
reqvaa

Previous

Return to Announcements