Game Development: Bumble Pyre

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Bumble Pyre

Postby springyb » Mon May 17, 2021 6:02 am

Can you replace the tiny annoying shit devil bees that buzz around domesticated beehives with these cute fuzzy bumbling bumble bees?

Can beehives randomly spawn bumblers?
springyb

Postby mvgulik » Mon May 17, 2021 8:43 am

What, no Heptagon!
Circle is the other way from hexagon. :mrgreen:
Last edited by mvgulik on Mon May 17, 2021 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
mvgulik

Postby Uriel » Mon May 17, 2021 9:11 am

Nice on, thx JLo
Uriel

Postby ogey » Mon May 17, 2021 11:27 am

Hey these are pretty good.
Attachments
bumblebee.png
bumblebee.png (18.59 KiB) Viewed 884 times
ogey

Postby Valgar » Mon May 17, 2021 12:27 pm

loftar wrote:
Valgar wrote:It's me or the Bumblebee got the size of an Eagle on the screen ? xD

I think it's fair to say that that's true of all insects. I mean, what did you expect, that they'd be realistic size and take up 1 pixel?

The graphics are mostly optimized for the default camera at the zoom-level that corresponds to Legacy scale:
ss.png

Nothing bad, after seeing them on the game :)
Just asking cause on the patch presentation, they seemed to be "big".
Valgar

Postby Zampfeo » Mon May 17, 2021 5:39 pm

Sevenless wrote:It's definitely more accessible for non-faction towns and could act as a good "keeping pace" for people who can mine for good stone spots without needing to worry about metal quality and bone quality for boneclay. But saying it overshoots faction boneclay is getting a bit ahead of things. 350+ bones are a thing, and their metal quality's well over 200 as well. 99% sure better base kilns/fuel also impacts boneclay more than this one by a longshot.

Kinda like sausages. Average joe is getting a lot of benefits relative to the big boys so it seems OP. But really it's just closing the gap a bit because big boys were already so far ahead.

I agree with your assessment. q100+ flint and quartz is easy to get for me solo. q200+ bones and cave/pit clay not so much. Coade clay gives me something to use in the mean time.
Zampfeo

Postby Phaen » Mon May 17, 2021 7:45 pm

loftar wrote:
jordancoles wrote:Nice to have a way to reduce wounds, but 15 minutes? Why so long? Why not 30 seconds or something, like if you're waiting around for a magpie to snatch the item you dropped. 15 minutes is way too long to just stand in the woods waiting :?

In that case, we could've just as well remove the bees themselves altogether. This at least leaves a reason ever to fight them.

When I try to fight bees I never get to the raiding stage because they just keep respawning over and over and over until I gave up :roll:

When is it worth fighting bees? Do hives have a finite number if bees that will spawn?
Phaen

Postby Agrik » Mon May 17, 2021 10:47 pm

jordancoles wrote:Best strat with this timer is still probably to just test raid the hive and leave if bees come out at all. You could find another hive within 15 minutes, anyways
Maybe the number of bees can be tied to coordinates, alike the mechanic of quality nodes, so there would be no point to "reroll" beehives? With empty ones never coinciding with high Q nodes, perhaps...

Or simply tie the number of bees to Q node, so basic q10 hives are empty, 10 to 19 have one bee spawning, 20 to 29 have two, &c.

loftar wrote:I'm not sure it would be a change for the better that you'd need to go mining to get reasonable flour qualities.
It'd be somewhat reasonable at least that the stone Q matters... though I agree that the need to mine can be a problem, but it seems for me that the problem is need for boulders meaning need to go underground.

It could be better if there were other possibilities to get a boulder... If free-scattered boulders are too easy to get, there are stone terrains which are reasonable places to carve a boulder. Altering the terrain (-1m per boulder?) and with a requirement of a certain strength to do so, maybe.
Agrik

Postby jordancoles » Tue May 18, 2021 12:41 am

Agrik wrote:
jordancoles wrote:Best strat with this timer is still probably to just test raid the hive and leave if bees come out at all. You could find another hive within 15 minutes, anyways
Maybe the number of bees can be tied to coordinates, alike the mechanic of quality nodes, so there would be no point to "reroll" beehives? With empty ones never coinciding with high Q nodes, perhaps...

Larva quality doesn't matter at all for your first hives. The boards will drive up the end quality anyways
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby springyb » Tue May 18, 2021 2:23 am

Phaen wrote:When is it worth fighting bees? Do hives have a finite number if bees that will spawn?

If bees don't spawn the instant you raid a hive, it can be worth it to try and kill a few bees. The ones that spawn bees instantly or spawn more than one at a time are ones you should avoid.
springyb

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements