Game Development: Tar Plow

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Tar Plow

Postby Kaios » Mon May 24, 2021 11:19 am

jordancoles wrote:just-two-people.jpeg

Just-two-people-that-decided-to-monetize-their-game-and-then-started-putting-in-less-work-than-when-it-was-entirely-free.jpeg

The_Lich_King wrote:I would rather have them fix things they have implemented, than leave them broken and put in more. These updates give the game polish.... VERY slight polish, but polish nonetheless and i would like to see them fixing current issues rather than implementing new major updates that will later need to be fixed. That and they are also working on a pretty major update and these updates are just being done in the meantime.

That is something I am certainly in agreement with, it's just too bad they don't spend their time fixing anything important such as hunting and combat and pvp and the insane quality and stat difference between a minority and majority.
Kaios

Postby The_Lich_King » Mon May 24, 2021 11:22 am

Kaios wrote:

Just-two-people-that-decided-to-monetize-their-game-and-then-started-putting-in-less-work-than-when-it-was-entirely-free.jpeg

The_Lich_King wrote:I would rather have them fix things they have implemented, than leave them broken and put in more. These updates give the game polish.... VERY slight polish, but polish nonetheless and i would like to see them fixing current issues rather than implementing new major updates that will later need to be fixed. That and they are also working on a pretty major update and these updates are just being done in the meantime.

That is something I am certainly in agreement with, it's just too bad they don't spend their time fixing anything important such as hunting and combat and pvp and the insane quality and stat difference between a minority and majority.

TBH Combat is better now than it was for a long long time. Remember w8 and w9 when all it took was to remove a single opening and then 400 damage in a single strike.... Every fight lasted like 6 seconds. I would be scared of a fix to combat given it could get alot worse, but yeah fix to hunting is nice. Biggest problem is both of them are still in the Theorycrafting stage because no one can agree how to fix them.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby springyb » Mon May 24, 2021 11:55 am

Every patch day I open up this thread expecting the devs to design Haven to my exact vision.

Once again, I am livid.
springyb

Postby VDZ » Mon May 24, 2021 12:12 pm

Kaios wrote:A thing that was originally implemented was done so in a poor way, so now it has been fixed to be better.

Kaios wrote:I promise you that houses being instanced is the furthest thing from my mind when I consider what makes this game a struggle to play through.

So what is it you want? They are improving the aspects that 'make this game a struggle to play through', and now you're bitching they should be doing something else instead.
VDZ

Postby VDZ » Mon May 24, 2021 12:14 pm

Kaios wrote:

Now that's just a straight-up lie. Haven had been abandoned for years before the devs started putting in work again and charged money for it.
VDZ

Postby The_Lich_King » Mon May 24, 2021 12:28 pm

VDZ wrote:
Kaios wrote:

Now that's just a straight-up lie. Haven had been abandoned for years before the devs started putting in work again and charged money for it.

I think people forget that legacy wasn't perfect and there was a load of issues with legacy as well. and this game has made alot of progress since 3D was launched despite having some setbacks. Just look how terrible w9 and w8 were, yeah w10 and w11 were (debateably) better, but its not like the Devs are completely just abandoning this game, or have given up on it.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby Procne » Mon May 24, 2021 1:30 pm

loftar wrote:
Pills wrote:Any real news on this yet though?

No substantive news. There's quite a bit to be done, so I wouldn't suggest expecting it anytime soon.

I was wondering... do you already have some specific ideas of features that you would use OCO for?
I'm a bit afraid that it would end up in similar fashion to material properties carrying over crafts. Of which we only have "memories of pain" currently
Procne

Postby jorb » Mon May 24, 2021 2:04 pm

Procne wrote:I was wondering... do you already have some specific ideas of features that you would use OCO for?
I'm a bit afraid that it would end up in similar fashion to material properties carrying over crafts. Of which we only have "memories of pain" currently

The idea, loosely, is that objects should be able to exist within map spaces defined by other objects, to make it possible to, for example, walk on ships, walls, or houses, or e.g. over the kind of platforms we see in the wagon station, and the like. It would enable us to implement things like bridges, and, ultimately, freeform building. Presently, objects only really have a position in game world coordinates. With OCO, they would be capable of having coordinates in a space defined by another object.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Procne » Mon May 24, 2021 2:11 pm

Ah, that sounds great then. Can't wait!
Procne

Postby The_Lich_King » Mon May 24, 2021 2:35 pm

jorb wrote:
Procne wrote:I was wondering... do you already have some specific ideas of features that you would use OCO for?

The idea, loosely, is that objects should be able to exist within map spaces defined by other objects, to make it possible to, for example, walk on ships, walls, or houses, or e.g. over the kind of platforms we see in the wagon station, and the like. It would enable us to implement things like bridges, and, ultimately, freeform building. Presently, objects only really have a position in game world coordinates. With OCO, they would be capable of having coordinates in a space defined by another object.

Hotly anticipating when this gets done, there is so much utility that can go into this. Once we have OCO, will we get front porch's for certain homes? Maybe balconies for multi leveled homes like Great Halls?

The_Lich_King

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements