Game Development: Tar Plow

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Tar Plow

Postby maze » Tue May 25, 2021 4:24 pm

Sevenless wrote: Blocking waterways is no beuno, so bridges will basically just be a visual (and probably harder to build) road hop, functionally that is. They'll have to be bashable or "pass under" type things to keep with current design mantra of waterways can't be obstructed or used for defense.

Just pointing this one out~ Signpost will likely be unable to pass over water anymore :p
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby nohead78 » Tue May 25, 2021 11:45 pm

jorb wrote:We've been developing, and here's what's new.
[*] Removed the randomized per-plant crop timers, meaning that all plants in a planted field should finish more or less at the same time, with the only variance being the exact time of planting. Realized that the randomization effectively delayed (elegant) harvesting to the slowest random timer, and didn't like the patchy fields resulting from that, nor how that effect would be reinforced over time, due to growth time accruing in the plants, especially in non-seed plants which can't be homogenized in a barrel or the like. Geographical variance in growth time still applies.
Enjoy!

This seems to be per quality. If I plant various qualities in one field they grow at different rates. Is that intentional?

Also could you please make it so when the summer hits all trees start bearing fruit/seeds/catkin. I waited all winter and spring so why do I have to wait 2-3 more days?
nohead78

Postby Asgaroth22 » Wed May 26, 2021 7:32 am

maze wrote:
Sevenless wrote: Blocking waterways is no beuno, so bridges will basically just be a visual (and probably harder to build) road hop, functionally that is. They'll have to be bashable or "pass under" type things to keep with current design mantra of waterways can't be obstructed or used for defense.

Just pointing this one out~ Signpost will likely be unable to pass over water anymore :p

It should still pass over water - as long as there's a bridge on the path
“The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Douglas Adams

W3-W13 - mostly hermit, with a few brief periods as a crafter/farmer to various villages
Asgaroth22

Postby shubla » Wed May 26, 2021 12:49 pm

jorb wrote:
Store Description wrote:Image$9 Drip-drip-drop, it doesn't seem to stop. Drop-drop-drip, careful lest you slip.

Just realized that this is hint and a confirmation about next weeks update, we will finally get weather + rain mechanics.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Schattengaenger » Fri May 28, 2021 11:42 am

shubla wrote:
jorb wrote:
Store Description wrote:Image$9 Drip-drip-drop, it doesn't seem to stop. Drop-drop-drip, careful lest you slip.

Just realized that this is hint and a confirmation about next weeks update, we will finally get weather + rain mechanics.

There are a lot of very different hats around. I don't think that assumption holds any water. If they had written "we are working on a somewhat larger thing. That is however still some weeks out" it may have been a hint, but just a hat is not very much of a clue to what they will implement.
Schattengaenger

Postby sMartins » Sun May 30, 2021 5:12 pm

I still have some patches of not ready crops just for the beetroots? Someone else? Not reverted for beetroots maybe? pls check, thx.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby VDZ » Sun May 30, 2021 9:03 pm

No patch tonight, confirmed on stream.
VDZ

Postby jorb » Sun May 30, 2021 11:39 pm

Indeed,

No patch tonight due to various RL reasons. Aiming for this week!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby jordancoles » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:22 am

Removed the randomized per-plant crop timers, meaning that all plants in a planted field should finish more or less at the same time, with the only variance being the exact time of planting. Realized that the randomization effectively delayed (elegant) harvesting to the slowest random timer, and didn't like the patchy fields resulting from that, nor how that effect would be reinforced over time, due to growth time accruing in the plants, especially in non-seed plants which can't be homogenized in a barrel or the like. Geographical variance in growth time still applies.

Was something broken with this addition? Since this patch I've noticed that multiple crop types in my base have been going down in quality from previous harvests. I have the farmer credo and 3x's the farming skill required for these seeds and yet I've had beets, pipeweed, barley and carrots go down 1 point in quality from previous harvests. I can tell because I keep the previous harvest's seeds/stockpiles nearby and they are higher than my most recent harvests.

What is going on?
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby gaami17 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:38 pm

jordancoles I think it acid rain! Rainfall made sufficiently acidic by atmospheric pollution that it causes environmental harm, typically to forests and lakes. The main cause is the industrial burning of coal and other fossil fuels, the waste gases from which contain sulfur and nitrogen oxides, which combine with atmospheric water to form acids. ¦] ¦]
gaami17

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements