Game Development: Tar Plow

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Tar Plow

Postby Kaios » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:52 pm

jordancoles wrote:Was something broken with this addition? Since this patch I've noticed that multiple crop types in my base have been going down in quality from previous harvests. I have the farmer credo and 3x's the farming skill required for these seeds and yet I've had beets, pipeweed, barley and carrots go down 1 point in quality from previous harvests. I can tell because I keep the previous harvest's seeds/stockpiles nearby and they are higher than my most recent harvests.

What is going on?

I have not experienced anything like that but I have noticed that many of my crops still have varied growth completion and are not finishing at the same time. Beets, Wheat, Barley, Onions, and Leeks and possibly some others have all continued to delay farming of them because of the patchy growth throughout each stage and on the final stage, which does not appear to be resolved.
Kaios

Postby Sevenless » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:08 pm

Kaios wrote:
jordancoles wrote:Was something broken with this addition? Since this patch I've noticed that multiple crop types in my base have been going down in quality from previous harvests. I have the farmer credo and 3x's the farming skill required for these seeds and yet I've had beets, pipeweed, barley and carrots go down 1 point in quality from previous harvests. I can tell because I keep the previous harvest's seeds/stockpiles nearby and they are higher than my most recent harvests.

What is going on?

I have not experienced anything like that but I have noticed that many of my crops still have varied growth completion and are not finishing at the same time. Beets, Wheat, Barley, Onions, and Leeks and possibly some others have all continued to delay farming of them because of the patchy growth throughout each stage and on the final stage, which does not appear to be resolved.

We've had nothing but crop losses since the update.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby jordancoles » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:07 am

Sevenless wrote:
Kaios wrote:

What is going on?

We've had nothing but crop losses since the update.

I'm still noticing this a few harvests later
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby WowGain » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:31 am

jordancoles wrote:
Sevenless wrote:We've had nothing but crop losses since the update.

I'm still noticing this a few harvests later

Maybe in messing with the crop growth node formulas some crop q nodes got fuckered up in a way that impacted the resultant crops? Idk
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby neiroshop » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:47 am

Im losing Q in turnips whilst flax still going up like normal. fix plez
neiroshop

Postby shubla » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:22 pm

neiroshop wrote:Im losing Q in turnips whilst flax still going up like normal. fix plez

Time to move and rebuild your whole village.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Duane » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:18 pm

Haven't had a single crop go up in quality, though I'm just starting.

~20 farming, literally everything has gone down 1 flat quality point every harvest, no exceptions.
Duane

Postby jordancoles » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:30 pm

Beets went down 1q again. Love working backwards with no response :roll:
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby ogey » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:47 pm

My crops have been pretty consistent, sometimes they go down but mostly the quality has been going up. Maybe it's just bad luck.
ogey

Postby jordancoles » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:59 am

ogey wrote:My crops have been pretty consistent, sometimes they go down but mostly the quality has been going up. Maybe it's just bad luck.

It started with this patch and has been happening regularly across multiple crop types. It's not like I'm hitting the local quality cap at the qualities I'm working with and all of my skills and abilities are well above the seed qualities

Image Image Image
jordancoles

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements