Game Development: Oyster Meteor

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Oyster Meteor

Postby synntax33 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:25 pm

Archiplex wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:I think this forum would be a way better place if more competent people were willing to call people retards and treat them with absolutely no respect, TBH. I don't voice my opinions on subjects I know nothing about, especially in an argument to have something changed that will affect everybody & waste time. I think that's, like, one of the most reductive & least respectable things a person can do.

i don't mind that you're calling them a retard, my problem is that you're calling them a retard while clearly knowing something about the argument that you refuse to chip in. it's not like anyone's going to take your word just because of who you are

Yah most probably have his posts blocked. You know. So they dont waste their time.
synntax33

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:37 pm

Archiplex wrote:my favorite part about a peculiar faction is when they make huge claims with no supporting reasons, and when someone presents a counterargument or differing opinion (even if they are wrong) the response is always "you're retarded, shut up, let the big boys talk because we know the game best and are definitely healthiest for its existence"

instead of, yknow. actually explaining why they are wrong.

Class divide is what separates us from the animals. It's much the same way humans don't speak to larvae or fungus in real life.
DDDsDD999

Postby springyb » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:44 pm

Hey guys I'm new here can somebody tell me how lowering the quality of whales by 50 makes them killable without exploits? I'm retarded so please give lots of details :(
springyb

Postby drakesaint » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:58 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:
Archiplex wrote:my favorite part about a peculiar faction is when they make huge claims with no supporting reasons, and when someone presents a counterargument or differing opinion (even if they are wrong) the response is always "you're retarded, shut up, let the big boys talk because we know the game best and are definitely healthiest for its existence"

instead of, yknow. actually explaining why they are wrong.

Class divide is what separates us from the animals. It's much the same way humans don't speak to larvae or fungus in real life.

It's a human thing to pretend you have a right to speak down to people who are much more experienced in the subject than the speaker is.
drakesaint

Postby mvgulik » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:21 pm

someone wrote:Class divide is what separates us from the animals.

lol. There is very little that separates us from the animals.
Having some advanced technological is probably one.
Having to much imagination, and to much IQ to be used in favor of maintain imaginary ideas (for whatever reason). Seem to be the other one.
mvgulik

Postby vatas » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:01 am

mvgulik wrote:

Having to much imagination, and to much IQ to be used in favor of maintain imaginary ideas (for whatever reason). Seem to be the other one.

Developing advanced technology required "class division" since it's hard to experiment with metals and other stuff if you also have to grow your food full-time.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby iamahh » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:29 am

jorb wrote:
  • Added "Oyster Mushroom"

Barter Stand not recognizing some of these (Oyster, Morel, Toadstool, ?) as mushroom
iamahh

Postby mvgulik » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:31 am

vatas wrote:
mvgulik wrote:

Developing advanced technology required "class division" since it's hard to experiment with metals and other stuff if you also have to grow your food full-time.

Not sure what your point is.

If A needs B, that still don't means B is specific to A only. (which was my point)

Ants have class divisions. (pure biological driven, but its still a internal class division)
Lions prides also have class divisions. (Hunters, caretakers, etc)

That human have driven there own class stratification's to new searing heights is clear. (like: ~1% owns ~50% of world's wealth)
mvgulik

Postby Zentetsuken » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:07 am

mvgulik wrote:
Not sure what your point is.

If A needs B, that still don't means B is specific to A only. (which was my point)

Ants have class divisions. (pure biological driven, but its still a internal class division)
Lions prides also have class divisions. (Hunters, caretakers, etc)

That human have driven there own class stratification's to new searing heights is clear. (like: ~1% owns ~50% of world's wealth)

Hey can you stop shitting up an announcement thread with your pointless sociological philosophies? I feel like I am having a stroke trying to understand you and surely IoB is a better place for this.
Zentetsuken

Postby mvgulik » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:42 am

Needles to say. Human intelligent, based on current world affairs, is heavily overrated. Most brains are just working in auto-mode, making stuff up based on ingrained local short-term headaches or preferences.

As per example:
Zentetsuken wrote:Hey can you stop shitting up an announcement thread with your pointless sociological philosophies? I feel like I am having a stroke trying to understand you and surely IoB is a better place for this.
Feel free not to give me a reason to continue. (probably not a thought your familiar with I figure)
mvgulik

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements