Game Development: Oyster Meteor

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Oyster Meteor

Postby abt79 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:48 pm

jorb wrote:[*] The "With Foal" text overlapped the Cattle Roster color selector in the interfaces for domestic animals. Made it a stork icon instead.

An excellent and long-awaited fix of a minor yet irritating UI inconsistency, bravo!

Strangely the developer cape seems to be missing from my hearth fire. I rest assured knowing this mistake will soon be corrected.
abt79

Postby KwonChiMin » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:48 pm

KwonChiMin

Postby jorb » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:49 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:can we get any insight as to what you are thinking about it?

The obvious change would be to remove "covering as much ground as possible" as the vector by which you find those animals.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby shadowchris » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:53 pm

jock wrote:Fix to the requirement to bot counch, angler and whales?

How exactly do you believe people are "botting" these animals?
W8 HLTU W9 Tartarus,Alfheimer,Niflheim W10 RiP, Dis
shadowchris

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:54 pm

jorb wrote:

The obvious change would be to remove "covering as much ground as possible" as the vector by which you find those animals.

well I don't exactly know what that means or how you think people bot but I would like you to know that as a hermit/small village member that hunts anglers without bots and still gets a good amount of them, it would be more devastating to me for them to be nerfed than it would be for a big boi realm village. Please keep this in mind.

That being said, having some survival/perception/exploration type threshold for being able to see animals like this could potentially be something that would atleast make it harder to shit out bots to patrol for them and not devastate hermits in the process
Zentetsuken

Postby loftar » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:54 pm

abt79 wrote:Strangely the developer cape seems to be missing from my hearth fire. I rest assured knowing this mistake will soon be corrected.

You get a cape for your great wit, Sir, but I should perhaps clarify (since it seems to be a confusion that isn't entirely uncommon) that the normal condition for getting a cape is reporting a sploitable bug instead of sploiting it, rather than just reporting any bug.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby bmjclark » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:55 pm

shadowchris wrote:
jock wrote:Fix to the requirement to bot counch, angler and whales?

How exactly do you believe people are "botting" these animals?

People are running bots to just boat around and look for whales and report them to discord.
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby ErdTod » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:55 pm

Is it only me or the new shrooms are always q13?
Last edited by ErdTod on Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ErdTod

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:55 pm

More foods bad, but snails good. I'm conflicted
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby jordancoles » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:56 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:
jorb wrote:

well I don't exactly know what that means or how you think people bot but I would like you to know that as a hermit/small village member that hunts anglers without bots and still gets a good amount of them, it would be more devastating to me for them to be nerfed than it would be for a big boi realm village. Please keep this in mind.

That being said, having some survival/perception/exploration type threshold for being able to see animals like this could potentially be something that would atleast make it harder to shit out bots to patrol for them and not devastate hermits in the process

>forage bot now just walks past the angler lake on its route
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements