Game Development: Oyster Meteor

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Oyster Meteor

Postby jorb » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:56 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:
jorb wrote:
Zentetsuken wrote:can we get any insight as to what you are thinking about it?

The obvious change would be to remove "covering as much ground as possible" as the vector by which you find those animals.

well I don't exactly know what that means or how you think people bot but I would like you to know that as a hermit/small village member that hunts anglers without bots and still gets a good amount of them, it would be more devastating to me for them to be nerfed than it would be for a big boi realm village. Please keep this in mind.

That being said, having some survival/perception/exploration type threshold for being able to see animals like this could potentially be something that would atleast make it harder to shit out bots to patrol for them and not devastate hermits in the process

Ah, right, anglers. Don't care too much about those. More #concerned about the whales and perhaps conches.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby jordancoles » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:58 pm

jorb wrote:Ah, right, anglers. Don't care too much about those. More #concerned about the whales and perhaps conches.

Maybe consider ways to make whales and orcas actually killable before making them non-existent instead ?
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:06 pm

If you're gonna make whales cancer to get, don't leave them OP please. They're, like, the most power creeped thing in the game - so whatever you do to make them harder to obtain people are gonna feel obligated to get A LOT of them.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Pills » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:08 pm

Austinh15 wrote:Fix to Mercurial Elixirs?

What's broken with them? They work fine for me, if you mean elixers to cure mercury poison that is
Pills

Postby abt79 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:38 pm

while you're adding alternate snails, a "Cave Snail" would correct the inconsistency of finding a Forest Snail in caves and add more FEP variety to snail recipes all at once.

More importantly though, a mid-late game snail recipe would also be appreciated since most active players are beyond having much use for the two existing escargots
abt79

Postby Sevenless » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:53 pm

Appreciate the attention being more on the whales/conches instead of on anglers (whalebots feel gross to run, more so than most). GL fixing it all, but I generally agree that part of the issue is how ridiculously broken whale products are. The only other ingredient that properly rivals them are pork testicles and troll bits. But they're vastly more spammable.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Pyonezze » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:57 am

What about.. make new shrooms scale with trees quality?
Pyonezze

Postby pawnchito » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:02 am

Digging this update. Cheers.
pawnchito

Postby jordancoles » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:23 am

Pyonezze wrote:What about.. make new shrooms scale with trees quality?

Would be cool, if that isn't the case already
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby shubla » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:53 am

That being said, having some survival/perception/exploration type threshold for being able to see animals like this could potentially be something that would atleast make it harder to shit out bots to patrol for them and not devastate hermits in the process

Yes caps would definitely stop big village bots, its not like these big villages could bump their alts 100/100 per exp in 1 day.

Noobs definitely all have high stats so it would not impact them at all. Never seen a sprucecap without 100 000 per exp.

ErdTod wrote:
Fixed a small bug by which any lit object could count as a fire for crafting purposes.

I thought it was very convenient and I was using my cauldron and smelter for that a lot :( Sad to see it go!

Could get your fingers burnt or something!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements