Game Development: Oyster Meteor

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Oyster Meteor

Postby WowGain » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:11 am

Pyonezze wrote:What about.. make new shrooms scale with trees quality?

+1, would add something fun for tree farms to produce over time
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby Kaios » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:52 am

ErdTod wrote:
Fixed a small bug by which any lit object could count as a fire for crafting purposes.

I thought it was very convenient and I was using my cauldron and smelter for that a lot :( Sad to see it go!

Was it raising the quality of foods cooked on better quality fire? If not that does seem like an unnecessary change, I didn’t realize that was possible but I agree that it seems nice.
Kaios

Postby jock » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:10 am

jorb wrote: Ah, right, anglers. Don't care too much about those. More #concerned about the whales and perhaps conches.

I don't wish to be rude but this is a major oversight to not care for anglers. At current they are the most reliable and consistent String(hide straps)/leather and mulch in the game. Often of higher quality than other options for a while.

With them having a base of 70ql and the max quality modifier being a range of about 6x base (correct me if I'm wrong) This means if you find a lake (mostly viewable on 1 grid of an angler you can print (tool dependant) up to 420ql hide straps. With them having 4-15 hides (more chances with stider) they are often king.

Whales are great and cool but the wealth they give is too much, the main issue IMO is the INSANE quality.

Conches are the same as whales with them having a base of 100 you can get (with 6x) 600ql stone out of them, they are on the standard spawn of 20-minute loading and much easier to bot as they are in caves. This is possible from the world start if you get lucky and often the easiest way to get ahead with stone ql for axes.

Now I won't just say what's wrong i'll offer a solution.

All Cave Animals Should Scale with the level of the mine, this will slow the early game jump of Couch and angler without removing the value of them.

Conch:
10ql base + 10ql base per mine level e.g. level 1= 20q, 2=30ql, 3 =40ql.
Similar to burrower stalks in spawning. Spawn in Shelled state can be attacked to bring out but will "decay" after x time If not attacked for a while they revert to shell state.
if left in shell state for X RL days/hours they despawn (total time in shell).
Buff the Horrid Love Dart: Reduce its mental weight to 40 from 120.

Angler

25ql base + 5ql base per Level

Active hunting buffing options:
Increase the number of hides Forest animals give to shift the value to more active hunting for good hides.
OR
Add a new realm buff for Mastery of the hunt: Increased meat yield, bone yield, hide yield from Forest animals.
"Your people have the thrill for the hunt and reap the rewards."
10% increased meat quantity,
10%% chance to gain extra bones and hides (per level).
OR
Add Strider buff chance to Backwater and Game Keeping.

Whales

Honestly should be like trolls they shouldn't despawn and be a limit in the whole world at a time.
Half the Base quality (orca's also)
add a realm buff to :
increase the ql 20% per level of sea/water creatures.
reduces damage dealt by Sea creatures to boats by 20% per level (applies only to boats built in the realm of the buff)
(Require Grotesque + New Sea Object (like irminsul/monolith)).
Last edited by jock on Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jock

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:22 am

jock wrote:Whales are great and cool but the wealth they give is too much, the main issue IMO is the INSANE quality.

and with this we can know to disregard everything you have to say about the subject
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Kaios » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:30 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:and with this we can know to disregard everything you have to say about the subject

Imagine thinking "I offer valuable insight" when the majority of your posts are this
Kaios

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:35 am

Having strong opinions about things you know nothing about is a lot worse than discouraging the people with unfounded strong opinions from contributing
pls don't spam me with an array of angry quotes and responses nobody will read, kaiso
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Kaios » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:39 am

You read it, doesn't matter if anyone else does or not.

SnuggleSnail wrote:Having strong opinions about things you know nothing about is a lot worse

lol like how to have fun in a game without fucking it up for everyone else, something you know nothing about
Kaios

Postby Zentetsuken » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:43 pm

Kaios wrote:You read it, doesn't matter if anyone else does or not.

SnuggleSnail wrote:Having strong opinions about things you know nothing about is a lot worse

lol like how to have fun in a game without fucking it up for everyone else, something you know nothing about

Why are you bullying snail? ... and in an announcement thread of all places?

Were you personally effected by anything he ever did ingame or are you just parroting shit you heard sprucecaps whine about a year ago?

btw great update, super stoked to finally see tree mushrooms and hope that chaga is next on the list!
Zentetsuken

Postby shubla » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:05 pm

Added "Oyster Mushroom", mushroom growing on trees, especially beeches.

You should also add mushrooms that grow on chopped trees and old logs especially.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Lightning2 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:08 pm

Old logs turn into quality mirkwood after some seasons?
Lightning2

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements