Game Development: Oyster Meteor

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Oyster Meteor

Postby Zentetsuken » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:12 pm

Lightning2 wrote:Old logs turn into quality mirkwood after some seasons?

yes but I think they have to be off claim
Zentetsuken

Postby thesourceofsadness » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:56 pm

Adjusted the timing on leech bites to make leeches less useful in killing.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but leeches were almost useless in killing right because of timing. Do you want to remove leech-kills completely?

It was a good feature, make leeches great again, please!
thesourceofsadness

Postby loskierek » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:14 pm

thesourceofsadness wrote:
Adjusted the timing on leech bites to make leeches less useful in killing.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but leeches were almost useless in killing right because of timing. Do you want to remove leech-kills completely?

It was a good feature, make leeches great again, please!

does that mean i dont need con bot to breed killer leeches?
loskierek

Postby azrid » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:18 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:
jock wrote:Whales are great and cool but the wealth they give is too much, the main issue IMO is the INSANE quality.

and with this we can know to disregard everything you have to say about the subject

Who is "we"? You and your posse?
and with this we can know to disregard everything you have to say about the subject
Whenever you openly threaten someone over a disagreement on the forums you show your own arguments to be worthless.

Jocks ideas are always generally pretty good.
azrid

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:57 pm

"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby rye130 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:43 am

jock wrote:Lots of feedback

Those starting qualities seem absolutely miserable, might as well remove the animals at that point.

I think lowering their max qualities is probably enough. The difference between getting lucky and finding a high quality node and getting unlucky and not is ridiculous and way too much.

Whale recipes are busted, even at base whale quality. Not sure how to fix them in the middle of the world without pissing off large portions of the player base.
rye130

Postby jock » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:44 am

rye130 wrote:
jock wrote:Lots of feedback

Those starting qualities seem absolutely miserable, might as well remove the animals at that point.

I think lowering their max qualities is probably enough. The difference between getting lucky and finding a high quality node and getting unlucky and not is ridiculous and way too much.

Whale recipes are busted, even at base whale quality. Not sure how to fix them in the middle of the world without pissing off large portions of the player base.

The starting quality is only the base remeber it can be 6x that on a good node. Bother are pretty solid if you find a good node but not busted.

E.g. couch would be level 2-3 rock ql if you get a good node on 1 but not up to 600ql.

Anglers would still be pretty solid for fodder and hides from level 1 but not better than a bear or moose. Later and lower they pick up ql with the scaling. As the game also progresses.

Whale recipies are soilid but if their matt ql's are lower they would alot weaker plus moving to a static spawn system(like meteor sorta). Whales would be less abundant so the value of the goods is enough to expend effort but not as mass produceable via botting.
jock

Postby Archiplex » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:23 pm

my favorite part about a peculiar faction is when they make huge claims with no supporting reasons, and when someone presents a counterargument or differing opinion (even if they are wrong) the response is always "you're retarded, shut up, let the big boys talk because we know the game best and are definitely healthiest for its existence"

instead of, yknow. actually explaining why they are wrong.

jorb wrote:
Ah, right, anglers. Don't care too much about those. More #concerned about the whales and perhaps conches.

please do care, because anglers are basically THE spammable/bottable midgame mob, and one of the easiest reasons to tell why the stationary animal node system sucks; angler spawns are usually in the same area given that water underground is rare, meaning they will usually be of the same quality. so once you find a single 200/300+ quality angler spawn, what EVERYONE does is repeatedly check that area every 20 minutes (and they are common spawns too) or set up a bot that logs in every 20 minutes and pings people on discord that there's an angler in the area until it's dead.

anglers are the source of so much high quality bone/hides until people do whale bots. which is the same thing but at least the quality is extremely variable due to oceans being bigger

conches seem to be even easier to bot than the other 2 but i haven't really bothered with that myself
Last edited by Archiplex on Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:29 pm

I think this forum would be a way better place if more competent people were willing to call people retards and treat them with absolutely no respect, TBH. I don't voice my opinions on subjects I know nothing about as fact, especially in an argument to have something changed that will affect everybody & waste time. I think that's, like, one of the most reductive & least respectable things a person can do.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Archiplex » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:30 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:I think this forum would be a way better place if more competent people were willing to call people retards and treat them with absolutely no respect, TBH. I don't voice my opinions on subjects I know nothing about, especially in an argument to have something changed that will affect everybody & waste time. I think that's, like, one of the most reductive & least respectable things a person can do.

i don't mind that you're calling them a retard, my problem is that you're calling them a retard while clearly knowing something about the argument that you refuse to chip in. it's not like anyone's going to take your word just because of who you are
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements