Game Development: Possessed Purse

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Possessed Purse

Postby RedKGB » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:44 pm

loftar wrote:
MurderAlt wrote:Also you did actually activate meteors, right? haha

I was sure I had confirmed that the first meteor was starting to fall after last week's patch, but it appears I must have dreamt that. Should be fixed before the end of today, though.

Just had one fall.
overtyped wrote:I didnt know you were more stubborn than me, but I guess you are. You are more willing to talk in a endless circle of already answered arguments than I will ever be. Good day to you.
RedKGB

Postby Procne » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:48 pm

jorb wrote:--
[list]
[*] Boulders mined out by those with the "Miner" credo are now considered "Well-Mined", and yield such ores.

Does it now also apply the increased smelting chance effects from skills (those were missing too)?
Procne

Postby loftar » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:51 pm

shubla wrote:Can I see if some item is possessed by such bill? Can I remove the bill from an object?

Yes, it's marked with a pole (as shown in the OP screenshot), and it is that pole that is highlighted when hovering over the bill item.
Chebermech wrote:Bill of Possession is a great addition for trading, if you don't mind making a small change it would be even more user friendly. Instead of having the half of the bill that you can sell/give to other people be named pliantly "Bill of Possession" with no additional info, have it also display in text the item name and quality # of the object its attached to when you mouse over it, and also have it displayed in barter stand GUI if its up for sale, that way when people buy a bill, they know exactly what they are buying.

As long as you have the objects in question in view of the barter stand, the potential buyer can hover over the bill as it is displayed in the barter stand, and the pole on the object will still be highlighted even though it hasn't been sold yet.
Chebermech wrote:Would also be great if you right click on the bill and it would display a direction tracker similar to a quest giver, that can find multiple interesting uses.

The idea with the Bill wasn't to be able to track an object across the world, though.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby tripp » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:06 pm

wait, what is the cape that char is wearing in the pic?
tripp

Postby Chebermech » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:37 pm

loftar wrote:the potential buyer can hover over the bill as it is displayed in the barter stand, and the pole on the object will still be highlighted

oh thats pretty handy. could you still make it possible to at least name the bill, like you do gift boxes for example, just for convenience sake? (not only for a buyer but for a seller also)
Chebermech

Postby faslger » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:46 am

It seems that the wanderers bindle is adding a row to the inventory now instead of a column. anyone else?
faslger

Postby springyb » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:48 am

faslger wrote:It seems that the wanderers bindle is adding a row to the inventory now instead of a column. anyone else?

It changes depending on what hand you hold it in
springyb

Postby WowGain » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:06 am

Chebermech wrote:Bill of Possession is a great addition for trading, if you don't mind making a small change it would be even more user friendly. Instead of having the half of the bill that you can sell/give to other people be named pliantly "Bill of Possession" with no additional info, have it also display in text the item name and quality # of the object its attached to when you mouse over it, and also have it displayed in barter stand GUI if its up for sale, that way when people buy a bill, they know exactly what they are buying. Would also be great if you right click on the bill and it would display a direction tracker similar to a quest giver, that can find multiple interesting uses.

+1 to all of this
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby RedKGB » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:53 pm

Trying to understand something here, if the bill of sale slip is sold in the barter stand, then, the item can be anywhere in world. Say it is sold in the central landmass, but the item is in fact all the way over on the western landmass. It can work that way?
overtyped wrote:I didnt know you were more stubborn than me, but I guess you are. You are more willing to talk in a endless circle of already answered arguments than I will ever be. Good day to you.
RedKGB

Postby jorb » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:13 pm

RedKGB wrote:Trying to understand something here, if the bill of sale slip is sold in the barter stand, then, the item can be anywhere in world. Say it is sold in the central landmass, but the item is in fact all the way over on the western landmass. It can work that way?

Yes, but there would then be no verification of the slip being sold being useful for anything, as the object being sold isn't in range to be seen.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements