Game Development: Still Brandy

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Still Brandy

Postby Agrik » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:50 am

jorb wrote:The negative effects are percentages of whatever values they affect.
What do you think about generally changing wounds' effects on stats from flat values to percentages as well?

loftar wrote:Not right now. Not entirely sure about the quality consequences of that compared to deep-dug wells. Opine if you will.
Would there be such consequences in the case of the Still only softcapping its product, never making it better than the source material was?
Agrik

Postby Sevenless » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:16 pm

loftar wrote:
kirion wrote:Can we get fresh water from saltwater with the Still?

Not right now. Not entirely sure about the quality consequences of that compared to deep-dug wells. Opine if you will.

The highest natural spawning resources tend towards 60, with most people relying on Q55ish. Best well probably won't go past Q100 much, if it does reach there. Best well I know of is Q80 at the moment. Still is pure metal, and I have a Q200 cauldron without being anywhere near world best. Usually when you process things, we'll see the product being 1/2 product + 1/4 fuel + 1/4 processing object. Black coal can push fuel quality up to at least equal metal pretty trivially. Most developed villages would be able to distil, assuming we used that formula, q125 or better water at this stage of the world, with the gap compared to deep dug wells continuing to widen over time.

There would be far less incentive for developed villages to find and deep digging communal wells, and people with metal quality would have one more edge against everyone that doesn't.

Note: I haven't built one, don't have metal to make a nice one atm. Not sure if they use coal or not. But If sticks are needed as fuel instead, the quality can still be pushed quite high via axes. Overall the conclusion doesn't change much.
Last edited by Sevenless on Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby shubla » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:17 pm

Obviously the still softcaps the products so you need not worry that it would ruin wells if you could distill salt water ¦]
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Sevenless » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:19 pm

shubla wrote:Obviously the still softcaps the products so you need not worry that it would ruin wells if you could distill salt water ¦]

Honestly, I figure it'd be more interesting to work with the seasalt it'd produce instead. New spice?
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby shubla » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:22 pm

Pretty sure if you water your plants IRL with distilled water it'll kill them, cause there's no nutrition and it actually reduces the nutrition of whatever there's in soil. (Did no research, it's just somethign I have in the back of my head)

There are few minerals which you need, mostly stuff like potassium, for things such as literally beating your heart, distilled water does not contain these, so if your only source for these minerals is drinking water, drinking distilled water is no good. But I'm quite skeptical about that, one would think that you get enough of these from normal food even if you only drank distilled water. Maybe if one was running and sweating a lot and only drinking distilled water, but even then... Maybe it absorbs better from water and so on.

Plants are probably hardier than humans so there is likely not much effect on them. After all, wont plants get mostly rain water which is effectively distilled?
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby The_Lich_King » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:49 pm

NovaQ wrote:Soo you can now add potato to the game and let us make some vodka from it :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

The Devs are against adding New World crops such as Potatoes and Corn in order to try and make this game more distinct from Salem.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby druid » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:03 pm

after distillation, you can make spring water from ordinary water ... how do you like that?
and give me the WHISKEY please ...
I've been waiting for this for 5 years. I want to do it in the game too
ps best patch ever :)
druid

Postby Danith00 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:04 pm

The_Lich_King wrote:
NovaQ wrote:Soo you can now add potato to the game and let us make some vodka from it :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

The Devs are against adding New World crops such as Potatoes and Corn in order to try and make this game more distinct from Salem.

Isn't Salem dead? lol
Danith00

Postby antiqueclock » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:54 am

Please add lemonade.

Also, add rice, brewing sake and shochu.

I would like to see fermented foods such as natto (fermented soybeans) and yogurt.

If you add soybeans, we can make natto and tofu, and it would be nice to have other noodle dishes.

For example, pasta, soba noodles, rice noodles, ramen noodles, etc.
from Japan
Discord:antique_clock
antiqueclock

Postby SavageFox » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:27 pm

antiqueclock wrote:Please add lemonade.

Also, add rice, brewing sake and shochu.

I would like to see fermented foods such as natto (fermented soybeans) and yogurt.

If you add soybeans, we can make natto and tofu, and it would be nice to have other noodle dishes.

For example, pasta, soba noodles, rice noodles, ramen noodles, etc.

he might add rice but the other stuff you want probably not
SavageFox

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements