Game Development: Roe Stuffed Fixes

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Roe Stuffed Fixes

Postby IngloriouslyBad » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:16 pm

Pickaxe as weapon? Sounds like great QoL for miners. Hate getting stuck forever and a day with no weapon due to cooldown from switching weapons
IngloriouslyBad

Postby boltyhead » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:06 am

Was the rainbow shell amulet recipe changed this patch or something? I no longer have the recipe available despite having made one before.
boltyhead

Postby mvgulik » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:12 pm

O crap, not again.
(Fence corner-posts are build, but the fence-gate itself ... decided it will not play ball.)

Seems: 1) Nothing was/has changed. And 2) (for a bit more fun) It seems a random thing based on location.
(floating points like to do that, trowing odd ball fluctuation in the mix. ... When not properly supervised/constrained.)

(Would be nice if fence- and wall-posts would make use of the user-set placegrid setting.)
mvgulik

Postby ULGMsean » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:30 pm

BoxingRock wrote:since your pali is a visitor gate you have no need for the secondary gate.

I used it to block random animals from going in without having to close the main gate and being able to open close on both sides with fences. Though that's my reason, idk if he has any other.
マイルズ
ULGMsean

Postby mvgulik » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:49 am

Stray bears and boars are definitely not welcome.

It also blocks other heartlings from walking passed the (closed)fence-gate if you allow general trespassing.
mvgulik

Postby Timibertlense » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:56 pm

jorb wrote:[*] Cleaned up the cast fishing interface with proper columns and icons for "Chance To Bite" and "Chance To Land", to make the interface more understandable.

Hi Jorb,

I'm not sure what chance to Bite and chance to Land mean:
Does chance to land imply my equiptment and chance to bite the location/time/etc? Or how can i "read" those numbers?

Cheers,
tim
Timibertlense

Postby jorb » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:25 pm

Chance for the fish to bite. Chance for you to land it. The product of the two would be your final chance to catch the fish.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Vesena » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:02 am

I think jorb wants to keep what you're actually asking secret, but I have my own personal theory on how fishing works - there's actually three key numbers.

• Node Coefficient:
    The most mysterious value. Not only changes over time, but also decreases the further away you get from the centre of the node, a point which itself shifts over time.
  • Tackle Coefficient:
    Generated randomly at world's start for each Line/Hook/Lure/Fish combo and remains constant.
    Each possible combination is independent, so even if Shoreline/Bone/Rock Lobster and Bushcraft/Bone/Woodfish are both very good at catching Salmon, Bushcraft/Bone/Rock Lobster could be awful.
  • Lure Coefficient:
    Generated randomly at world's start for each Lure/Fish combo and remains constant.
Chance to Bite is the product of Node Coefficient and Tackle Coefficient. Failing this roll then starts a new roll to decide if you get a piece of garbage/a random part of your tackle breaks/nothing happens.
Chance to Land is simply Lure Coefficient. Failing this roll always destroys your lure.
Vesena

Postby dorag » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:59 pm

Southpaw wrote:more credos when?

I do not want to ever grind another creedo the system is awful it needs a rework not another creedo
dorag

Previous

Return to Announcements