Game Development: Strawberry Turpentine

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Strawberry Turpentine

Postby rye130 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:07 pm

Person who lands the blow that knock's someone out should be the only one that gets to loot for the first like 10 seconds or some shit. Remove or significantly reduce the stealing cooldown.
rye130

Postby Nightdawg » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:10 pm

rye130 wrote:Person who lands the blow that knock's someone out should be the only one that gets to loot for the first like 10 seconds or some shit. Remove or significantly reduce the stealing cooldown.

this pls ty
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby talon00302 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:18 pm

That change would be fucking stupid. Nightdawg is bitching about combat loot timer after he bitched to make it a thing because he likes to drop loot so his guys can take it. This guy rolls like 2-3x numbers more than whoever he's fighting. How is it any different to make it so the person who downs gets to loot for 10 seconds with no timer? Keep the change as is or get rid of it period with no strings attached.
talon00302

Postby Nightdawg » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:46 pm

talon00302 wrote:That change would be fucking stupid. Nightdawg is bitching about combat loot timer after he bitched to make it a thing because he likes to drop loot so his guys can take it. This guy rolls like 2-3x numbers more than whoever he's fighting. How is it any different to make it so the person who downs gets to loot for 10 seconds with no timer? Keep the change as is or get rid of it period with no strings attached.

Idk man it's really toxic to have it be mandatory to use loot scripts to loot your own guy when he gets KO'd and very unsatisfying. I didn't bitch about making it a thing, I quit some time ago, didn't even know this happened till recently.
I just said what happens most of the time, we drop it on the ground, whoever's behind sorts it out and we share it at the end.
I don't know how I "bitched to make it a thing because I like to drop loot so my guys can take it" by telling loftar (who has no idea how pvp works btw, the dev) how it goes with looting so maybe he can adjust the change to counter that 1-milisecond-retard-script but at the same time not make it annoying to have to wait 2 minutes to loot.

It takes like 3-6 seconds to push away that one intruder when someone gets KO'd. It takes 0 skill to use a loot script and it's extremely annoying to knock someone out (literally for the only reason to pvp in this game, loot, because everything else is... pointless?) just to have your only possible reward just vanish by a broken game mechanic.

It's funny how people argue so much against this small fix and crying about one side having more people, when you all know when someone gets KO'd in a zerg fight nobody will *protect* that body, since KO's happen during running away. You're not turning back to protect that body. You act as if we're knocking people out when we're getting chased or something during pvp :lol:

That 10 second suggestion at least prevents someone from instantly using that script. Just saying.
Like maybe just add a 5-6 second cooldown before anybody can loot and make it take like 1 second to loot each item, idk. You just simply shouldn't be able to instantly loot your own guy as you're running away, it makes no sense.
Nightdawg

Postby talon00302 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:55 pm

I think the change was legit a good change and shouldn't be changed. It keeps it balanced so zergs aren't just turbo dropping loot off players in that 10 seconds. Also adding any sort of delay before looting just gives whoever has more people the loot 100% of the time.
talon00302

Postby Nightdawg » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:59 pm

talon00302 wrote:I think the change was legit a good change and shouldn't be changed. It keeps it balanced so zergs aren't just turbo dropping loot off players in that 10 seconds. Also adding any sort of delay before looting just gives whoever has more people the loot 100% of the time.

It is a bit cancerous to wait too long to loot though. I assume it takes more than 1 second per item, judging by how hard people are arguing against this change.

IMHO this should be it, just to counter that script:
At least 1 second cooldown between looting items and maybe a 5 second timer of loot invulnerability on the body after it got KO'd.
Nightdawg

Postby talon00302 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:12 pm

Change is fine m8, move along.
talon00302

Postby jordancoles » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:18 am

Increase KO timer before they can hearth home, also, if we're feeling extra spicy, let people KO'd in water hearth home because that's the biggest noob killer there is aside from murderous rage, con gildings, or maybe leeches

Well, actually, con gildings are the biggest noob trap that I can think of

Just look at these boots. To a new player with low con, that could be a huge chunk of their health gone just by taking these bad boys off while they're on the ground
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Agrik » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:41 am

ctopolon4 wrote:needs add dmg to frying pan too (& scythe & scissors & etc)
& Smithy's Hammer & Völva's Wand & 1-liter metal Tankard...

& all the cutlery sets, as they include a knife.
Agrik

Postby Tammer » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:51 pm

Agrik wrote:
ctopolon4 wrote:needs add dmg to frying pan too (& scythe & scissors & etc)
& Smithy's Hammer & Völva's Wand & 1-liter metal Tankard...

& all the cutlery sets, as they include a knife.

don't forget leeks!
Tammer

Previous

Return to Announcements