Game Development: Strawberry Turpentine

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Strawberry Turpentine

Postby strpk0 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:35 pm

Nightdawg wrote:It's not the best fix to this cancer mechanic

This was the point I was making, calm down buddy, your loyalty to your zerg leader is showing :lol:

If I'm willing to admit that PvP loot scripts are retarded and shouldn't be a thing, are you willing to admit that your group being unlootable because you literally only get like 5-6 seconds tops to loot someone before you get surrounded in fights is also retarded and shouldn't be a thing either?

Nightdawg wrote:But if you're not refering to the crashes, what do you mean?

Ye, this is exactly what I was referring to. Snail was crashed in this instance which is why the other guy was prepared to grab his stuff as soon as he got koed.

I might argue that the fact that someone that does this is literally turning themselves into a walking bag of loot that can't defend themselves (by equipping tsacks and having their inv full of crap) is the only counterplay that is needed against loot scripts, but I'll admit that that's very debatable.
Last edited by strpk0 on Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby Nightdawg » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:39 pm

Kaios wrote:
Nightdawg wrote:

That brings up another good point, the client modifications have really gotten out of hand over time. Just look at the group of shreks in there, is that supposed to be peak gameplay? For every mechanic that is adjusted to add a level of general fairness there will always be client creators implementing features for privatized clients to garner a greater advantage over others and especially when it comes to combat.

Vision is important in literally every game/sport/whatever competitive thing that involves multiple players.
All sport teams wear different colors to distinguish the teams, all video games distinguish the teams in some way (MMO's show RED names above the enemies, shooter games dress the teams with different colours/entire costumes, etc.)

Loftar could easily add some visual aid for party members such as party circles. This is just quality of life. You mention fairness when you literally can't fucking drink and run in pvp in the default client. It took them 11 years just to add an indicator that shows how much water you have in your 25 waterskins, but you still have to manually click them INDIVIDUALLY?
You don't *have* to use the green overlay in the custom clients, disabled trees, disabled tile transitions, disabled shadows, etc., but you can use whichever help you with vision (and the trees and party distinguishing is the most helpful).

But yeah, you need to have a friend in your group that has a master's in computer science for this game to be playable, I agree, it sucks. But don't blame it on the playerbase tbh, blame it on the devs.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Nightdawg » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:41 pm

strpk0 wrote:
Nightdawg wrote:It's not the best fix to this cancer mechanic

This was the point I was making, calm down buddy, your loyalty to your zerg leader is showing :lol:

If I'm willing to admit that PvP loot scripts are retarded and shouldn't be a thing, are you willing to admit that your group being unlootable because you literally only get like 5-6 seconds tops to loot someone before you get surrounded in fights is also retarded and shouldn't be a thing either?

I asked why people argue in favor of removing this fix and reverting to the previous shit, I thought you're arguing for that revert rather than just finding a better solution.
I'd argue in favor of this fix even if I was the one looting someone with that script :roll:

It's just always some people arguing against any sort of progression towards this game being better, but always praising fucking bird/mushroom patches OR making glass 20 times more annoying to make, cause "tedium clearly discourages botting".
Nightdawg

Postby strpk0 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:53 pm

Nightdawg wrote:I asked why people argue in favor of removing this fix and reverting to the previous shit, I thought you're arguing for that revert rather than just finding a better solution.

Because the current "solution" turns the barrier to entry to being able to loot someone in large fights from "just get the same client feature" into "just have bigger numbers otherwise haha go fuck yourself, no loot for you, also if you get koed prepare to get looted clean".

Also you know damn well if people hadn't immediately bitched about it the devs would have left it as it is and never touched it again and moved on, assuming it's now fixed and working as intended. We still don't even know if they're actually gonna revert it or put some more thought into it or if PvP is actually just gonna turn into who can gather together the biggest zerg so they can camp their downed friends, which honestly sounds far more cancerous to me vs just chasing the retarded loot bag that just literally put on tsacks in the middle of a fight infront of you to fill their inv with loot, and is now an easy target to also KO.

Nightdawg wrote:I'd argue in favor of this fix even if I was the one looting someone with that script :roll:

I kind of doubt it tbh, maybe not you but some of your group members definitely admitted to having asked your client dev for this feature before and never getting it implemented.
Last edited by strpk0 on Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:58 pm

I don't like being dabbed on by somebody I killed in a 1v1 for somebody else KOing me when I crashed in a 6v18...

Stuff you can only do with a custom client that are OKAY according to those guys:
  • Drink keybind
  • Widget predict to enter vehicles
  • Comprehensible combat UI that doesn't literally give motion sickness
  • Alerts for other players
  • Whale bot
  • Pepper bot
  • Mammoth bot
  • Scout bots
  • Discord integration to alert people when you need help
  • Browser maps to better coordinate in fights
  • Farming bots
  • CD numbers
  • Combat pings
  • Party pings
  • gobid based name generation for unkinned people
  • Agi calculator
  • UA/MC calculator
  • Flatworld
  • Party halos
  • Target indicator
  • Tracking assist
  • Like a billion other things

Stuff you can only do with a custom client that are NOT OKAY according to those guys:
  • Loot script

Weird how the only one of these you guys have a problem with is the one that would prevent smaller groups from looting people in your massive zerg. You could have parity in your client with 3 lines of code, of all the things listed it's the least complicated.

Nobody is saying the current system is perfect, but what Ozzy suggested is blatantly self serving and blatantly makes zergs unlootable even if you manage to get KOs. It's bad for the game.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Nightdawg » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:07 pm

strpk0 wrote:
Nightdawg wrote:I asked why people argue in favor of removing this fix and reverting to the previous shit, I thought you're arguing for that revert rather than just finding a better solution.

Because the current "solution" turns the barrier to entry to being able to loot someone in large fights from "just get the same client feature" into "just have bigger numbers otherwise haha go fuck yourself, no loot for you, also if you get koed prepare to get looted clean".

Also you know damn well if people hadn't immediately bitched about it the devs would have left it as it is and never touched it again and moved on, assuming it's now fixed and working as intended. We still don't even know if they're actually gonna revert it or put some more thought into it or if PvP is actually just gonna turn into who can gather together the biggest zerg so they can camp their downed friends, which honestly sounds far more cancerous to me vs just chasing the retarded loot bag that just literally put on tsacks in the middle of a fight to fill their inv with loot, and is now an easy target to also KO.

Nightdawg wrote:I'd argue in favor of this fix even if I was the one looting someone with that script :roll:

I kind of doubt it tbh, maybe not you but some of your group members definitely admitted to having asked your client dev for this feature before and never getting it implemented.

Ok hear me out, when felix ganked me 7vs1, and I had to run to dodoe. Would it be fair towards felix's gank if dodoe was able to just instantly take my gear and run away in a rowboat?
I'm not talking about entire full alliance vs entire full alliance here, it's literally just a random gank. Just a random "hey who feels like scouting our enemy's base and maybe KO some random forager we find" situation, ok? 7 people is not a zerg.
Why should 1 shitter and his friend have this advantage in this case? those 7 people have literally 0 means to tackle dodoe in this situation, it is fundamentally broken.
You're arguing about jorb sucking ozzy's dick when ozzy was literally in their group 2 worlds ago. If he was still part of that alliance and they did this, it would be sacraer or felix arguing against this, or someone else who can type in chat.

This broken mechanic did not only affect zergs, it affected literally everyone.

Let's say 12 hermits gank 2 good experienced fighters, in an attempt to "get into pvp". And they KO one of the fighters, and the other one just takes away his loot and runs forever (cause in case you didn't know, speed boosts literally spawn everywhere and you can just FUCKING RUN FOREVER OMG ANOTHER FUN MECHANIC).

Why must this game always be "client feature this" and "client feature that"? I would ask the client dev for that feature too, but I would still tell loftar and jorb how retarded it is that we can do that. I stopped playing, that's why I didn't ask for that feature, otherwise I would be one of the guys asking if we can have it too. I didn't even know this stuff happened, it was a friend showing it to me.

As I said, and you quoted me on it, it's not the best solution, but don't delete the second part: it's better than nothing.
If you want absolutely no changes, you're just one of those retards that praise bird patches cause hAhA gud cuntent.

Loftar said he already thought of this change on his own, but I agree with you, they'll probably never look at this ever again to find a better fix, which is obnoxiously stupid and annoying as fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Argue in favor of the default client being decent and giving people a reason to pvp/split up into multiple groups. Those are the core problems that cause zergs in this game. Both alliance gather as many people as possible. If they get more, the other ones get more.
Nightdawg

Postby Nightdawg » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:09 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:I don't like being dabbed on by somebody I killed in a 1v1 for somebody else KOing me when I crashed in a 6v18...

You got ko'd in a 24 vs 15 or whatever the numbers were and almost every fight during the time I played. You dabbed on me in literally my first 1v1 and I did 800 damage to you having double my stats. I'm not the one dabbing on you for someone else KOing you, I laughed at what's happening in this game. Don't feel so insecure, nobody gives a shit about who gets KO'd.
Nightdawg

Postby Nightdawg » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:18 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:Weird how the only one of these you guys have a problem with is the one that would prevent smaller groups from looting people in your massive zerg. You could have parity in your client with 3 lines of code, of all the things listed it's the least complicated.

Nobody is saying the current system is perfect, but what Ozzy suggested is blatantly self serving and blatantly makes zergs unlootable even if you manage to get KOs. It's bad for the game.

Weird how loot is literally the last reason to pvp in this world and that script literally breaks it. Weird how literally every player who went to pvp at least once argues in favor of all the fucking stuff you listed to be added to the default client but the devs always ignore it. Weird how you all of a sudden ignore those facts.

Weird how in zergs people literally KO someone when they chase them and then manage to start looting (mind you, a human takes more than 1 millisecond to loot). Some of you sometimes manage to loot some stuff from your KO'd guys when they get KO'd, the same way as some of us loot one item if they get the chance, but overall they still have to run away.

Why the fuck are you arguing for this when literally 95% of the KO'd this world were when one side was chasing the other one, and the KO'd player would be surrendered by the ones that KO'd them? Why are you such a bitch? Is it because it was your side who thought first about that script? You fucking know damn well when you KO'd people from our side you got to surround them and push us away.

You're one of the main people who suggest 5 things to look like you care about this game, but literally when one thing on that fucking list gets fixed, you bitch about it because it was your B12 that got saved by it. Shut the fuck up. Go spam the forums and suggest that entire list to be fixed rather than doing this. You're literally the only retard that PM'd me to delete my combat fix post, don't act like an angel, you piece of shit. You know damn well it's the devs ignoring us 99% of the time when we suggest improvements.
Nightdawg

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:45 pm

I think your solution can safely be ignored if your solution is Loftar making a PVP viable client. After over a decade of that not happening it's pretty clear that's never going to happen. It's like saying the solution to your girlfriend being hungry and not knowing where to eat is ending world hunger. It's so far out of the scope of the current situation as to be reductive.

This is a very simple question: should you have to stand there in the middle of a fight for 30 seconds looting somebody yes or no?
The answer for anybody with less than 40 friends the answer is blatantly no.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Nightdawg » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:55 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:I think your solution can safely be ignored if your solution is Loftar making a PVP viable client. After over a decade of that not happening it's pretty clear that's never going to happen. It's like saying the solution to your girlfriend being hungry and not knowing where to eat is ending world hunger. It's so far out of the scope of the current situation as to be reductive.

This is a very simple question: should you have to stand there in the middle of a fight for 30 seconds looting somebody yes or no?
The answer for anybody with less than 40 friends the answer is blatantly no.

Look at you turning the entire conversation into your favor after arguing that loftar should revert the change to the 1-milisecond-script-clown-fiesta and completely ignoring my arguments.

Give a better solution than the current fix, we both know it's not a great fix, but the thing before it was blatantly worse, therefore IT IS a very very tiny improvement that you're arguing against. You're arguing in favor of this as if you didn't spend the entirety of world12 just hunting hermits 3vs10, just cause they can't pvp.

And it's not like saying my solution is to end world hunger, I'm saying if you literally have the entire recipe for the fucking burger being showed to you by both alliances and you have all of the materials to make the burger, you should try to make the burger, even if you miss that extra sprinkle of 1% extra advantage.

In the current state, literally all loftar needs to do is to make the *playable* client, he can literally ask what features were added in 2 months by the custom client devs, it would probably take him less to add them too.

My solution is not to make a client that plays the game on its own by using some alien A.I., it's stuff that whoever makes custom clients literally added during this world, since everyone switched to the new render.

Why are you trying to be so manipulative? "End world hunger" do you even hear yourself?
Why can't you argue for once in favor of better changes or at least give a better solution than reverting to the worst thing? Why can't you fucking admit that the 1-milisecond-script-clown-fiesta is literally just as stupid as the vanilla client not having a drink button? Just cause you hate someone from this alliance? You clearly simply don't want this game to be better under any circumstance.

Yes it is fucking stupid that you have to spend time to loot, but at least the default client is equal with the custom clients in that regard now.
Another win for vanilla client master race haha fuck you
Nightdawg

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements