Game Development: Strawberry Turpentine

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Game Development: Strawberry Turpentine

Postby jorb » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:03 pm

We've been developing, and here's what's new.

New Implementations
-----------------------
  • Added "Terebinth Sap". Can be extracted from "Terebinth" trees using a "Sap Tap".
  • Added "Turpentine". Can be distilled from "Terebinth Sap" using a "Still".
  • Added "Wood Polish", made from "Wax" and "Turpentine", and now required for "Rocking Chair" and "Dressing Table".

Key Fixes
-----------------------
  • The "Pick Axe" can now be used as a weapon, counting as an edged weapon to use axe-style attacks like "Chop".
  • There is now a brief cooldown per item when stealing from another unconscious player. The effect does not apply when stealing from characters which have been dead for more than ~3 minutes.

Small Fixes
-----------------------
  • Increased "Hirdsword" range from 1.0 to 1.2.
  • Increased "Cutblade" range from 1.0 to 1.5.
  • Increased "Fyrdsword" base damage from 80 to 100.
  • Reduced "Fyrdsword" cost from 2 "Block of Wood" to 1.
  • Weapon tooltips now present the range of the weapon.
  • Fixed an obscure "out of memory"-issue.

As always, if you liked what we did here: Support the patch.

Today's Patch Item, for the fair price of $9, is the "Strawberry Bowler".

Store Description wrote:Image$9 Sweet to the taste, juicy beyond all belief, and promising endless summer.

All Gold & Silver subscribers have been awarded the "Strawberry Bowler", free of charge.

In the Pipe
-----------------------
  • Again urging any custom client maker who wishes to stay relevant to get with the new rendering times. Support for the old resources will be dropped at some point.
  • Our primary development direction is toward object-controlled-objects.
  • Time to... like us on Facebook?
  • Time to... follow us on Twitter?

Enjoy!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: Game Development: Strawberry Turpentine

Postby Southpaw » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:04 pm

this isnt a credo
jaws hat enthusiast, entrepreneur, avid appreciator of the arts
Southpaw

Postby pawnchito » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:07 pm

its not bad though. miners wont mind.
pawnchito

Postby talon00302 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:08 pm

Kinda funny this gets patched but not using chicks to literally immobilize players until dead or road bashing bots. Really makes you think.
talon00302

Postby loftar » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:10 pm

talon00302 wrote:Kinda funny this gets patched but not using chicks to literally immobilize players until dead or road bashing bots.

Wasn't aware of any of those problems, and would need more details. That being said, unless there's some sort of exploit going on, I'm not sure "road bashing bots" is something that can be fixed.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:12 pm

jorb wrote:[*] There is now a brief cooldown per item when stealing from another unconscious player. The effect does not apply when stealing from characters which have been dead for more than ~3 minutes.[/list]

lol I couldn't dry loot my alt before it could hearth when it didn't even have a full inventory or study. I like that you guys effectively removed death, and now you effectively removed full loot PVP as long as you're in the bigger group
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Ardennesss » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:14 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:
jorb wrote:[*] There is now a brief cooldown per item when stealing from another unconscious player. The effect does not apply when stealing from characters which have been dead for more than ~3 minutes.[/list]

lol I couldn't dry loot my alt before it could hearth when it didn't even have a full inventory or study. I like that you guys effectively removed death, and now you effectively removed full loot PVP as long as you're in the bigger group
But don't the hermits deserve a chance to win?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:14 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:

Every time when SS is fucked up - it's good move for humanity for me
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby loftar » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:15 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:lol I couldn't dry loot my alt before it could hearth when it didn't even have a full inventory or study. I like that you guys effectively removed death, and now you effectively removed full loot PVP as long as you're in the bigger group

I could very well consider making it faster; I mainly just didn't like the whole "first player to reach the fainted gets it all" mechanic. That being said, I'd expect most of the stuff that you'd loot from knocked players isn't really particularly important.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby shadowchris » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:16 pm

There is now a brief cooldown per item when stealing from another unconscious player. The effect does not apply when stealing from characters which have been dead for more than ~3 minutes.

Alright who knocked out jorb that forced him to make such an idiotic change.
W8 HLTU W9 Tartarus,Alfheimer,Niflheim W10 RiP, Dis
shadowchris

Next

Return to Announcements